DIY Timber tank suggestions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjcarpentry

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just starting to really get into the reptile hobbie the bug has bitten, Anyway I am wanting to build a few timber tanks for our next few snakes. I am just asking if anyone has any suggestions on the build itself or things that I should know. I was going for fixed glass panels on the ends with sliders at the front. Mesh roof with a couple vents at the back and melamine flooring for easy cleaning. Will def be using A water based satin finish. Im a chippy by trade so hopefully will be a breeze. If anyones got some tank designs or know where there is some great tank would also much appreciate. Thanks in advance. Matt

Hi Matt, will depend on what state you live in as some have minimums on sizing, but you can search on APS for enclosure ideas

Depending on the species, long or high enclosure. Have a bottom lip so you can put substrate in without it interfering with the doors. Other than that, have a look at the DIY threads and enjoy using your skills to house your pets :)

I'd say long. Mine isn't interested in climbing in the slightest.

The lip for substrate is the most useful suggestion, you'll miss having one if you don't put it in haha.

My advice would be to wire it all up to one lead. Makes it a lot neater.

Hi MJ I'm sorry, I've never kept spotties so I have no idea. But I'm sure lots of people on here would be able to tell you :)

Where in qld are you?

I haven't got spotteds but my anteresia climb all over there tank so I would think high and tiered with rock platform type back substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back