Dodgey reptile sellers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie1

Reaction score
Just wondering if you many of you had come across dodgey reptile sellers?

I had a interesting encounter this week, i was after a pair of central blue tongues and a pair of eastern bearded dragons so i go to someone selling them in Melbourne.

The bearded dragons were clearly caught from the wild and were skinny as and the central blue tongue was not a central blue tongue at all it was a large lightish looking northern blue tongue.

The guy also had other very very suspect reptiles for sale.

Then the guy says to me i am happy to sell all my reptiles of licence.

And that was the end of that i basically left and said um no thanks.

Just wondering if any of you have had experiences like this?

Yeah i will on Monday then.

The bearded dragons obvioussly were not eating due to stress from being caught from the wild.

He also had some suspect pythons, a goanna which was for sure from the wild and a croc which was suss.

i thought you needed to own a zoo or croc farm and all special licenses to be able to get a croc.. report him mate just report him he deserves all he will get and more.

for sure. it happens all the time. corns, cheap gtps, boas. all off paper of course.

Here in Vic you can have both fresh and salt water crocs on an advanced licence, My mates are on the way, But on the main subject there seems to be more and more people writing stock off and dead or lost in their books just to get a sale, I came accross this with a Parrot we have and also had someone try and sell me a Diamond off licence, Just walk away as its not worth risking the rest of you collection if caught because they will take everything and give you a nasty Bill. Report them for sure because its people like this that make it harder for those of us that do it the right way.....

Yeah ive seen a few dodgy people out there, one of their excuses was 'my licence ran out, so its kind of on licence' *sighs*

stupid people.Never come across any dodgy sellers but i will some day!!!!!!!!!

I know someone in the Melbourne DNRE who deals with reptiles if you want to pass on info etc about the person?

Ive always heard of dodgy peeps selling birds and reps but never actually seen them myself. DOB THEM IN. Dont hesitate they are the morons making it harder and more expensive for honest folk to enjoy this hobby.

Ive always heard of dodgy peeps selling birds and reps but never actually seen them myself. DOB THEM IN. Dont hesitate they are the morons making it harder and more expensive for honest folk to enjoy this hobby.

Got it in one my friend, exactly right IMO idiots like this ruin it for the decent people in this hobby.

If you did report someone for having illegal wild caught or off license herps or birds, what would happen to the animals after the authorities took them away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back