Does anyone not drink?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
Is there anyone here that doesn't drink alcohol?

If there is i need some advice. One weekend about a month ago i decided to just have a break and not have any beers. Since then i haven't drunk any grog at all. I still go out to town with all my mates, to the pub, fishing and to sports events and have a pretty good time but i have no desire to drink, like i just don't feel like it. I really used to enjoy drinking and i'm worried that i might not drink again.

So if you don't drink can you tell me why you don't drink and if you have ever gone a long period without drinking can you tell me why you stopped and why you started again.

I don't drink as such.
Maybe have the odd cruiser every now and then.
I just don't like the taste of it.

I despise the taste of virtually all alcohol... The only stuff I occasionally drink are West Coasts cause they don't taste like alcohol lol. I have never been drunk, never even 'tipsy' or whatever they call it.

You have to drink, you live in Darwin.

That is the problem!

Some of the best times i've ever had have involved drinking. Like sitting in Beuley Rock Hole downing red cans or sitting in a boat doing the same thing. Or better yet just hanging out in a mates pool with a keg of homebrew. I'm kinda scared that i'm never going to have that fun again.

Dont drink much as I dont care to.
Have the occasional beer with mates and water with dinner or a cordial or 2.

i have done almost the same thing, Ive gone from drinking beers virtually every day to recently having about 2 month booze free..

stopped because i sleep badly after drinking and was sick of being tired all the time.

I had 6 beers for the first time last fri and virtually had to force them down:|

i couldnt get into it.. felt crap the next day too which is unusual.

I`m not too concerned about not drinking as much because its a bonus for my health and my bank balance.

i`m also getting more things done in the time i would usually spend drinking..:D

i have done almost the same thing, Ive gone from drinking beers virtually every day to recently having about 2 month booze free..

stopped because i sleep badly after drinking and was sick of being tired all the time.

I had 6 beers for the first time last fri and virtually had to force them down:|

i couldnt get into it.. felt crap the next day too which is unusual.

I`m not too concerned about not drinking as much because its a bonus for my health and my bank balance.

i`m also getting more things done in the time i would usually spend drinking..:D

Do you feel like you've lost a friend? Like ur missing out?

Dont drink much as I dont care to.
Have the occasional beer with mates and water with dinner or a cordial or 2.

dont be drinking too much or that red cordial mungus :D you know it sends you hyper

Gordo: just put on that white wedding dress and go out on the town..
Im sure there a few blokes around that would like to get you drunk mate :p haha

I stopped drinking because Id keep waking up in different girls beds all the time.. and that just made me feel cheap and used..

Last edited:
I drink at night....
I have alcohol at night to counteract all the coffee I drink in mornings :)

dont be drinking too much or that red cordial mungus :D you know it sends you hyper

Gordo: just put on that white wedding dress and go out on the town..
Im sure there a few blokes around that would like to get you drunk mate :p haha

I need a few drinks to... er 'fit' back into that dress lol.

I always say I wanna stop/slow down but i always just end up hitting it hard oh well

In my younger days I used to drink all the time, have had more hang overs than breakfasts I think. Met my husband 20 yrs ago, he didn't drink, so I stopped drinking and smoking too....just doesn't seem to matter anymore. Don't miss it, still have great fun when I go out....ask the people I spent time with on my recent Adelaide trip...Dipcdame for one... :) I like lemon lime and bitters if I go to a pub, or coke or lemon squash...my drinking friends don't care if I drink or not. I think booze is over priced and over rated......why kill brain cells when you don't have to. You can drive anywhere at anytime when you don't drink....it's great when the cops pull you over for a test and you know you're sober....no so many fines or danger on the roads. Loads more reasons not to drink than to drink as far as I'm concerned.....and you can have great fun and no bad head the next morning......

For me, not really..

The downsides of drinking were outweighing the fun sides for me so it was time to have a break. I have an addictive personality and the booze was getting a hold of me.

i also have had great times on the booze but just as great being sober...

id prefer to do things sober now because im alot more motivated..:D

stopped 5 months ago . don't miss it at all . big surprise how much extra money i have now .
waking up on Sunday mornings not feeling like crap is great .Next is giving up the smokes .

Don't miss it, still have great fun when I go out....ask the people I spent time with on my recent Adelaide trip.....

I couldn't imagine this lady + alcohol :shock: she gives 'get high on life' a whole new meaning and would put people half her age to shame with her energy, the fact she can't remember what happens is nothing to do with alcohol its more to do with old age ;)

Seriously, a 750ml bottle of Bundaberg will last me 12 months at least, i only drink when i feel like it, and i don't feel like it that often ... and like GrannieAnnie, i don't need it to enjoy myself, as Grannie has already said the upsides of not drinking ??

Its cheaper
You're not killing brain cells
You can drive anywhere at anytime
Not so much danger on the roads
No suffering the next morning
and you can video all yor drunk mates and blackmail them :evil:

It can be hilarious watching all your drunk mates do stupidly ridiculous things and then you realise you use to be one of those idiots,,,

Personally i'm too much of a control freak to be that out of control.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back