Dog owners be Warned

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poggle

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok so yesterday i get up at 5am and go about my normal morning business when i hear my dogs start going off.. So i run round to see what is happening to find a Pitbull x pig dog looking thing belting the living poop out of one of my working collie girls. So my first instinct is to get it off but it saw me coming and dropped my girl and took off... Had dug in to the pen. My missus is a vet nurse and took the dog to work with her... $300 later after a discount on sewing the dogs face and leg back together. 2 Hrs later the dog was back but this time go into the pen with my Koolie girl and my Collie Entire dog. Big mistake my koolie to used to hanging onto bulls noses and the collie boy even though only 12 mnths old is very protective of his girls. Although the dog was twice the size of both of mine my dogs pinned in after a struggle, although i didnt want to risk it hurting my dogs any more, it took a lot to seperate them with me being bitten by the other dog in the process on my left leg. No stitches for me just a bandaid... but in the whole process of getting bitten i let it go and it got out again, so i got on my quad with my gun ( sorry but it was on my property) but coulnt find it. 3 hours later i heard a gun shot from the property behind me and sure enough they came round and asked if it was mine and i told them what had happened... Apparently it had slaughted 9 of their goats the previous night, ripped their faces off and left them to die in the paddock. We are still looking for the owener of the dog, but there are so many pig dogs that go missing on a chase and never come back in this area, but still it isnt good enough, im now down one working dog, and out of pocket at least $300 if no further infection comes about.
So just want to say to people out there please PLEASE keep you dogs contained, and if you are pigging make sure you find your dogs, unfortunately this dogs was put down and i dont like the idea of putting someone elses dog down but i will if it protects my stock and my dogs.

Have attached some pics of the damage to my dogs face from only 2 mins!.
Thanks just needed to winge bout it

Pog

p.s sorry bout the quality of the pic, dog doesnt really want to pose at the moment! Andthe normal bucket is because the normal dog collars she can get off and she isnt allowed to get to the drain put in the side of her face to prevent wound from forming an infection.

Attachments

• Photo0114.jpg
    Photo0114.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 235
  • Photo0115.jpg
    Photo0115.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Photo0116.jpg
    Photo0116.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 198
That sucks, and I hope your dog recovers without any infection etc :x:cry:

Sucks cos it's not the dogs fault, just it's irresponsible owner.

:cry::cry::cry:Your poor dog, is there going to be any long lasting injurys?
People that go pigging should be more responsable and should be made by law to fit their dogs with radio trackers, so that they cant loose the dogs.

:cry::cry::cry:Your poor dog, is there going to be any long lasting injurys?
People that go pigging should be more responsable and should be made by law to fit their dogs with radio trackers, so that they cant loose the dogs.

She'll have a decent scar, we r just glad it didnt get her eye coz she wouldnt be able to work then, which she loves to do. But the poor girl is just called bucket head at the moment, runs into bloody everything!

Awww poor collie! It's terrible that owners let their dogs roam free. Our two dogs are always either on leashes or behind the fence.
I hope your girl is feeling better soon. Poor neighbours goats too. I really don't like pig dogs...

What a bad way to start the day. Poor collies, there such lovable animals. Hope they get better soon. :)

Anyone that uses any dog for 'pigging' or the like, should be beaten as bad as their animals get. Its overly cruel and and pathetic.

I own 2 pitt bulls and couldn't imagine them fighting or killing anything. Having said that, I have to treat them like naughty children 100% of the time..

yeah well the person next door with the goats load 2800 dollars worth of goats, but the other neighous, whom i dont really get along with said this "if one of your dogs is in heat, well theirs your reason for the dog coming round" , sorry but my dogs are locked up and just because there in heat does not allow someone elses dog to come onto my place.

yeah well the person next door with the goats load 2800 dollars worth of goats, but the other neighous, whom i dont really get along with said this "if one of your dogs is in heat, well theirs your reason for the dog coming round" , sorry but my dogs are locked up and just because there in heat does not allow someone elses dog to come onto my place.

I agree 100%!!

and what so it itll get rid of any competition before he goes after the femal in heat.
next time this happens shoot the dam thing
bloody mongrel

and what so it itll get rid of any competition before he goes after the femal in heat.
next time this happens shoot the dam thing
bloody mongrel

first initial instinct to get the dog off my dog not grab my gun

first initial instinct to get the dog off my dog not grab my gun

i spose
ive never been in that situation really
now that i think about it that would be a bad idea.
if you miss you risk the life of your own dog.
thinking about it i think you did the right thing...

Agree 100%
Such a shame about your collie, but she's still beautiful. A dog I owned years ago got knocked up when someone's stray jumped into our yard.

yeah well this dog dug 1.5 under to get in... put the fence one foot under the ground .. thought that would be enough... have to admit though, was proud to see my dogs stand up to some thing that big, but i just dont like seeing them fight, those canines can do so much damage

Sorry to hear about your dogs.

I'd just like to point out that it is easy to lay the blame on irresponsible doggers but a just as likely scenario is that this dog has escaped from a property around your area. Keep an opened mind, there are thousands more irresponsible dog owners than there are irresponsible doggers.

Your working dog wont be working for a fortnight or so, can you
"sue" the pigdogs owner (when you find him) for loss of income or anything?
Jumping on the quad with a gun? that sounds like something Id do to.
Glad to hear not to much damage was to your dogs or yourself.
Cheers
p.s. i bet the pigdog had a mate or two to help with those goats, so there possibly could be more dogs at large.

yeah in a lil area like where i live we all keep an eye out for each others stock. The word has been put round bout this dog and others like it.

Sorry about your dog. I can imagine how angry you would be.
My dog was ripped up by a couple of mutts last week in our front yard.
Unfortunately he died, but not before my kids saw him still barely alive with his guts hanging out and legs ripped open etc.
One of our neighbours saw the whole thing and apparently they had one go at him, he layed down playing doggo til they moved away, then he got up and tried to get in the house but they spotted him and came back for another lap.
One of the dogs lives over the road and they promised to get rid of it asap but it is still there. I get sooo wild every time I go past there and see it.
The police don't want to know about it and the council seem unable to do anything.
This dog has prior form too.
There are some pretty irresponsible owners out there that dont seem to give a crap about what their stinkin mutts get up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back