Donnie the Eastern Grey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustHerps

Reaction score
Introducing our very first rescue since our papers arrived :)

Donnie the Eastern Grey Kangaroo... He's 1900g atm and doing well

n658534539_1060006_6813.jpg

n658534539_1060007_7141.jpg

Cheers,
Aaron.

Very Cute Aaron. You've done well.

I assume his/her mother was killed somehow?

Awww Kangaroos are always cute - they don't lose that cuteness do they :D

Lucky you to get such a cutie for your first rescue. My first rescue was suppose to be a bearded dragon but on arrival I found myself confronting a decent size lacie :lol:

BTW - Love your avatar Austherps. Is it a woma? They always look happy :D

Thanks guys,

They certainly are cute - though we're using all of our willpower to completely leave him alone unless he's feeding.

Yep mum hit by a car :(

mysnakeau - my avatar is an Inland Taipan of ours

Cheers,
Aaron.

nice one , love roos,glad ish and you got the go ahead, hows your baby dealing with the pet joey? bet she wants it more then you know... lmao

They are awesome at that age, use to give me a fright as a kid when they make their hungry noise. Good on you for taking him in.

Thanks guys,

They certainly are cute - though we're using all of our willpower to completely leave him alone unless he's feeding.

Yep mum hit by a car :(

mysnakeau - my avatar is an Inland Taipan of ours

Cheers,
Aaron.

Oh woops! I knew that :p just a bit hard on the eyes being so small.....hehe...still a happy looking snake :D

hi im looking to become a wildlife ranger when older does anyone know wereabouts in brisbane and what i require as i love aimals always ahve and alwys will(unless it kills me) jks

Well for starters, you need to pass english ;) Theres alot of bookwork involved

hi im looking to become a wildlife ranger when older does anyone know wereabouts in brisbane and what i require as i love aimals always ahve and alwys will(unless it kills me) jks

If you know someone near you ask to help them once or twice a week, listen and learn. Observe feeding times and if they do it any needles that need to be administered. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are many good books you can get on this subject and it also wouldn't hurt to read a first year veterinary uni book(helps you understand their anatomy and basic health issues. It is a rewarding(but very very time consuming, with no pay for doing it). I want to specialize in flying foxes, things like that need extra consideration as they carry Lyssa-virus that is deadly to humans(not all do) so vaccination is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back