Dont enter if you dont want to help with a romantic crisis!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, maybe he's into feisty ladies, at least you aren't boring! And if you're both willing to work for it and put in the hard yards, that's the best you can do! It'll be worth it, if you can keep it going until you can be together.

And don't blame yourself if it doesn't work out, it won't get you anywhere. It happens! There will always be other chances, and opportunities pop up in the most unexpected places. Hell, I met my current boyfriend because of an offhand comment made in one of the threads you made right here on APS. (So thank youuuu!) Never would have predicted that one. :lol:

Ohhhh I am soooo pleased Morgwynn, that makes my night.... Hmmm Fiesty, yessss definately LOL I think
he has the right stuff to handle me.... most times... the other times I had better tame down a notch ;)
we shall see.... eerrr he doesnt love reptiles, but has promised to build me out door enclosures :) and
accept my passion for them. So I can sorta love him for that ;)
C x

Once you get past this little issue with your man I suggest taking advantage of the fact that most/some of your communications are not same time.

Next time you want to fly off the handle, write your rant down but DON'T send it come back in an hour or two, read it then if you feel the same send it. If not edit/delete it and start again. Can't tell you how many work emails I have deleted doing this. saved a lot of hassle and embarrassment.

Good luck

Once you get past this little issue with your man I suggest taking advantage of the fact that most/some of your communications are not same time.

Next time you want to fly off the handle, write your rant down but DON'T send it come back in an hour or two, read it then if you feel the same send it. If not edit/delete it and start again. Can't tell you how many work emails I have deleted doing this. saved a lot of hassle and embarrassment.

Good luck

Now this is something I can really work with.... it will let me throw major Hissy fit, rant and generally be Baddd whilst NOT inflicting any mortal injuries.... I "likes" this :) thanx you x

Here he is...
View attachment 210943

Last edited:
the attachment isn't working and what ever happened to joemal?
Oh I dont know why it wont work? hmmm I am not all that good with attachments, it was working when I previewed it? .... unfortunately
I had a melt down that was not very productive to the relationship and he decided he would prefer
to be single for awhile(less hassles I believe) that is as honest an answer as I can give :)

PS. the attachment works when I click on it?
so I dont know why it wont when you do?
hmmm curious....

Last edited:
Oh thats no good, hope your ok

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" - thats what comes up when I click the link, hhhmmmm curious indeed

I'll try this...
View attachment 210949

Oh thats no good, hope your ok

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" - thats what comes up when I click the link, hhhmmmm curious indeed
I tried another link... and then put the piccy in with the one further up the top,
it seems to be working :)

Last edited:
honestly... well this is the longest I have ever been single for, I've been rejected by a few guys. At first I was devastated but since then I have learnt to go into something expecting absolutely nothing. That way disappointment isn't as harsh and I'm quick to move on. Might sound like a pessimistic attitude but I like to think of myself as an optimistic pessimist, (or the other way around, I've been debating it for a while now, and am still unsure).

honestly... well this is the longest I have ever been single for, I've been rejected by a few guys. At first I was devastated but since then I have learnt to go into something expecting absolutely nothing. That way disappointment isn't as harsh and I'm quick to move on. Might sound like a pessimistic attitude but I like to think of myself as an optimistic pessimist, (or the other way around, I've been debating it for a while now, and am still unsure).
You know something, I had the same attitude before my last relationship. Then something happened... I had enough time from my
marriages to actually WANT to throw caution to the wind and experience the head long tilt into love, expectation and vunerability....unfortunately I let that go boonty up(my fault) Luckilly I was only a little bruised by that one. So am still throwing caution to the wind cause I am actually worried I may miss out on the Love of my life through holding myself back. Now, is my Captain THE one? He has all the confidence that he is, I am running into his arms to find out.... Trying not to throw anymore Hissy fits along the way ;) we shall see.....
C x

Crystal we think all you can do is be upfront. We know its hard being in a long distance relationship but beleive us its so worth it. We got introduced to each other from adding the wrong person on msn in the older days now. Jesses mum introduced me to jesse and than we waiting 1 whole year to see each other. Oh we had our huge up's and down's and the day we met would of been our 1yr anniversary.We skipped the 1yr anniversary because at that stage we had said some pretty nasty stuff to each other so we started over again :). This year its our 5yr anniversary and we couldnt be happier. We will have been engaged 3yr's on christmas day this year. We have been living with each other now for 5yrs. All we can say is good luck because in the end it will be worth it. And on the up side were sure your older than us so you have good judge of caractor. Go with what you think is best not what's going through your head about what if this happens or that. At the end of the day everyone deserves to be happy and to us it sounds like you are happy with this one :)

Last edited:
men are there to be enjoyed, not stressed over,..if it doesnt work out, theres plenty more fish in the sea! :p

men are there to be enjoyed, not stressed over,..if it doesnt work out, theres plenty more fish in the sea! :p
ROFLMFAO...... I am such a rat bag in most ways, and have been a constant source of a headache (specially in the last 12 months)to friends cause I cannot just "enjoy" Men in the biblical sense LOL in retrospect it would've quite possibly been far easier if I could LOL I am such a dagggg but you are right, there are plenty more fish in the sea :)

Crystal we think all you can do is be upfront. We know its hard being in a long distance relationship but beleive us its so worth it. We got introduced to each other from adding the wrong person on msn in the older days now. Jesses mum introduced me to jesse and than we waiting 1 whole year to see each other. Oh we had our huge up's and down's and the day we met would of been our 1yr anniversary.We skipped the 1yr anniversary because at that stage we had said some pretty nasty stuff to each other so we started over again :). This year its our 5yr anniversary and we couldnt be happier. We will have been engaged 3yr's on christmas day this year. We have been living with each other now for 5yrs. All we can say is good luck because in the end it will be worth it. And on the up side were sure your older than us so you have good judge of caractor. Go with what you think is best not what's going through your head about what if this happens or that. At the end of the day everyone deserves to be happy and to us it sounds like you are happy with this one :)
Your story is sooo touching, I have not been in a long distance relationship so it is pretty new to me. I will say surprisingly I didnt even hesitate when I was asked to, said yes in a heartbeat. You are right, I am extremely happy with my Captain(pet name, aaawwww) and I can only give this relationship the best I have to give who knows if it will succeed or fail....I am ever the optimist Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it :)
C xxx

Last edited:
I just want to emphasise how important being totally honest and open is. For the first 1-2 years of my relationship with my boyfriend, I wasn't open or honest at all (with him and myself). Since he bottled everything up, I never really realised what I was doing to him. It wasn't until he got blind drunk one night that everything sort of came out in the open and I realised with a total moron I was being.

We've been together for nearly six years now, and every day I'm so thankful he was so patient with me.

How often do you see each other? I'm of the opinion that deep and meaningfuls are so much better in person then over the internet. I just think it sort of loses the "deep and meaningful" part when you have time to formulate your answers in between everything else (such as coming on here) haha. If he's really worth it, then you should definitely explain everything to him if you haven't already. Explain your past, your motives for things, how you think you could react in such a situation. At least then he understands if you happen to go crazy xD But the most important thing is not react when you want to fly off the handle. Wait until you're not raging mad about what happened, then work out a course of action =) If you can't control your fingers, then unplug your computer- that way you don't give them a chance! hehe

You have hit the nail on the head about the distance being difficult.... It is very hard to communicate effectively when you dont see body language or hear vocal tone. We can only try, and both feel it is worth the effort. Tom's tour of duty is nearing to an end so we dont have too long to last (if I can control my waspish tongue/fingers) I can say though in all honesty it has been my doing lately as to why relationships fail, and will only have myself to blame if this one falls by the wayside...... He is about 6 years older and has a quiet calm in dealing with me(even when telling me off) so mostly handles me in an effective way....I can be difficult though *sighs*

You know what? My husband tells me I'm difficult frequently, but he also says he wouldn't want me any other way. I proved it to him by being a 'yes, darling' wife for a week and by the end of it he was trying to pick a fight so bad lmao!
I don't get this whole 'man thing/woman thing' argument though. To be honest a lot of guys I've met or, ahem... 'met' in my wilder days (wink wink lol), have been complete and utter girls blouses. This whole 'men are simple' crap is absolute bollocks. People are people, that's all there is to it. And women getting overly emotional? Everyone has their moments, it's bull it only happens to women and it's bull that only women want touchy-feely too. Sometimes I like romance, but so does my man. For the most part I don't need his proof that he loves me, I know it. He's seen me in the morning and he's still around ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back