Dreadlocks and large piercings.....just wondering...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My closest friend who is female has some amazing body art,
She has the entire alice in wonderland tattooed from her shoulders going down to below her navel on her front...She also had a couple piercing (forgot the name of the piercing type) in some of the characters eyes...

I personally have a lip ring, a tongue bar, back of my neck and and industrial and I'm the holey of all my friends.
I think tattoos can either be one or the other Terrible or Amazing I've see people on the street who look like a scrap book or a wall in the city writing all over it...I have the outline of one sleeve outlined (left arm) and I have 3 other tattoos to go a right sleeve and a full back piece and a dedication to my boys all up I'm looking at over 80 hrs work and something like $5000...

I have spent 6 years having these designs made up and Imagine them on my father (splitting image of me and he's in his 50's) and I'd still like them to be seen on him...Old perceptions of gang ties and biker's are fading and it's actually quite funny that it's out parent who always told us not to judge a book by it's cover who are the most hypocritical with there advice

I could end with the cliche' at the end of the day it's up to the individual to do what they want to their own body but that's been over done a bit I think...I think at the end of the day it's up to other to be far less judgmental, there generation did things the previous didn't agree with and the next will do thing we don't like but you know what we have to be tolerant and truely not judge a book by it's cover

Oh just for you grannieannie: today I learnt that all the hidden piercings you have look scary in x-rays. REALLY scary. And embarrassing :( yes, I got x-rays for the first time today! AAAGGHHH!

I had my hair dreaded last year and I just cut them off! They were short and then shrank (normal as dreads mature) and they started hurting my head. But most of all I live in Townsville, it's way too humid! It feels so good to sleep on normal hair again and showers are amazing! No itchy head either!

I have 3 tatts so far, but plan on many more. I have the outline of wings on my back (full back piece), my sons initials on my wrist and a patchwork lady on my arm. I'll post a pic if I can work out how!

I've also had a few piercings too! My naval, which I took out when I got pregnant, my nose twice, ears and my lip. My lip I only removed because I had a bad habit of playing with it and it started to hurt.

I absolutely love your blue tatts too Scleropages! That color is gorgeous!

Yes well some companies may not be happy with potential CEO's being covered in tattoos but not everybody aspires to reach such a position.

:lol: raise your hand if you don't want to be an uber successful CEO and make millions of dollars p.a. for doing close to nothing

i always wanted dreads ever since i was a youngster....maybe its my rusta heritage! yeap you read right, imma be a quarter jamacian

i always wanted dreads ever since i was a youngster....maybe its my rusta heritage! yeap you read right, imma be a quarter jamacian

I like to tell people i'm part Jamaican as a joke, because i had a great uncle who was adopted and Jamaican XD haha.

Interesting that you never see dreads, face tatts or stretched ears in the BRW's 200 richest Australians... Also I never see Doctors, lawyers, professors etc with this garb either...
Is it the image holding these people back, their mentality? education? wealth? Is body art a statement of social status? Is body art a way of showing you are against capitalism? It's interesting none the less to see where fashion meets success or wealth...
(I'm just a humble sparky, and not particularly educated BTW, son of a professor and related to a few people in the top 200 richest Australians. I see both sides of the world and I'm middle income myself, so I'm far from wealthy and even drive a bogan falcon.)

Most Society's still look down on those who look different by choice or not , a facial birth mark or a blue facial tattoo and you can't be a high powered lawyer.So a lot of people have to choose not to look the way they would like to get the job they want.

Asking some one why they have body art is like asking someone why they don't , you will get a different answer for every one you ask.
I am not stupid, I would even go as far as saying I have a Higher IQ than average (oh lolz), I own my own house and company.. It's just a different way of looking at things.. why be a lawyer when you can own a company of lawyers?

I don't want to be one of the 200 richest Australians ( I'm not even Australian) I just want what makes me happy, like silly blue facial tattoos!

None of these things are an option in my job so I don't really think about them, I can't have dreadlocks or tattoos on my face head or hands and I can't stretch my earlobes so I guess if none of these things are things you are allowed to do you don't give them much thought, if I had my earlobes like that before I joined the Navy well they wouldn't have let me in.

None of these things are an option in my job so I don't really think about them, I can't have dreadlocks or tattoos on my face head or hands and I can't stretch my earlobes so I guess if none of these things are things you are allowed to do you don't give them much thought, if I had my earlobes like that before I joined the Navy well they wouldn't have let me in.

But other things get streched hey blowie ;) :)

The good thing about Body Mod is you can have them and no one can tell if you like,....Who's to say Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest doesn't have a 8mm Prince Albert a full back tattoo or does suspension late on Saturday nights away from prying eyes. Assumption not a good thing.
Hahaha He doesn't. He's close friends with my inlaws... He's pretty humble bloke and very down to earth. I'd say he has far to much going on to look in the mirror and say.. "hey wouldn't it be great if I had a blue tattoo on my face".
As to the guy who said he has a higher than average IQ... I really doubt it, given the way you express yourself and the use of lolz... But each to their own...

Last edited by a moderator:
i love body mods i have my ears streched at 20mm and i have had dreads for 2 years took me about 4 months to dread my hair the natural way and i love it!! also have many piercings and a few implants on my arms and hands.

Most CEO's etc got to where they are through many years of work and a complete disregard towards anything that resembles human emotion, compassion, tolerance etc......

I have first hand, 'inside' knowledge here, I'm related to a coulpe of CEO's of rather large 'empires' that most on here would probably either use or consume almost daily and have presonally known others.

I took one hunting recently. His ego and arrogance had him ignoring my advice while driving through a creek crossing that I know well. He got his Hilux nice and stuck:)

I'd personally rather work for someone with a blue face (who obviously has a bit of character) than a ruthless sub-human;)

CEO's like any other kind of human come in a range of characters. It's ignorant to say they are all the same. I know plenty that are the exact opposite of what you have said. Most have their own charity organisations. Like Terry Snow, John Grill and Andrew Forrest for example, they are family men who have just had the buisness sense and sometimes luck to achieve billions.
I guess it's unfortunate that the CEO's you are related to are **** holes... Also not all CEO's are successful or even hundred millionaires...
When borrowing a friends boat (who is in the top 200 richest Australians) I accidently forgot to lock off the winch. It ended up on the road and I had to get a crane out to put it back on. The boat cost about $130k. I called him when it happened and the first thing he said to me was "Oh no! You must feel terrible! Seriously dont worry about it, just work out how to get it back on the trailer." He's just a really nice guy who would do anything for family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
We met a really successful entrepreneur at a business conference at the gold coast last year who was also a lawyer. He was always in a suit but tattooed neck to toe with japanese style tattoos. He even had to wear gloves in court to cover up his hand tattoos and wore high-collared shirts. Top bloke too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back