Dugite bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glacey

Reaction score
Helped treat a snake bite down the beach this morning - a dugite had latched onto a guys foot, apparently unhappy that he was standing on it!

Thats what you get when you don't look where your going

What's a dugite? Are they venemous? I almost never look where I'm going. Too busy finding cloud pictures. Saw a really cool one of a daffodil today! :D

Dugites are in simple terms, Brown Snakes west of Port August/Ceduna (I think) very common in Perth - apparently less tolerant than other brown snakes, although the majority of ones that I remove are tailed and bagged before they realise whats going on.

Although I'm sure they do lose their tolerance when being stood on!

Yeah, compression bandage works a treat

He didnt seem to have any allergic reaction, so should just have the normal snake bite symptoms and anti-venom should fix that.

He didnt seem overly fussed about the whole thing

Are dugites common at beaches? I've only ever seen one near the beach and that was at city beach.

Are dugites common at beaches? I've only ever seen one near the beach and that was at city beach.

I think they are fairly common in the dunes that have vegetation on them.

Jonathon said:

Yeah, heaps in dunes at Scarb/Trigg. Have had removal callouts this summer from Nth Cott - Mullaloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back