Dwarf Bearded Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackghost

Reaction score
Hi all...

Am interested in finding out more about Dwarf Bearded Dragons. What they cost? What
colours they come in? And how much smaller are they compared to a normal adult beardie?

If anyone has any pictures of Dwarf Beardies, please post them, as I would love to see them.

Thanks guys....

blackghost

i assume these are the same as pygmy beardeds? im interested to learn more about them aswell, add to it how much do they eat compared to beardies

Okay, so I take it no one has them, or they are a rare breed?

C'mon guys, some one must have some info and pics on them?

blackghost

There are a couple of beardies classed as this. What is the scientific name that you are after info on??

Pogona Minor or Pogona henrylawsoni??

There are a couple of beardies classed as this. What is the scientific name that you are after info on??

Pogona Minor or Pogona henrylawsoni??

Hi Garth

It's the Pogona henrylawsoni that I am interested in.

Thanks...

blackghost

Hi blackghost,

I have a male pygmy beard dragon (Pogona henrylawsoni) and his great. Hatchlings are about the $80 mark each I believe. If you can, try getting hatchlings around the same age from different breeders (there are a few around at the moment). This way you might be able to gain not only males and females (if your lucky) but you will get different patterns. Colours don't vary to much with these little guys however.

I don't have any photos at the moment because I am at work. I will try and upload a couple later on tonight if I can.

Regards,

Andy

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 100B1805.jpg
    100B1805.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC00383.jpg
    DSC00383.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC00316.jpg
    DSC00316.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 218
i have two, they would eat until they exploded, so you have to moderate. i think they are awesome. i house them in 3ft viv,it fits on top of my lowish wardrobe. falconboy has some for sale at the moment. i dont reckoment they gey handeled alot when they are warm, i would compare them, to a central netted for speed. they will dart off pretty quick. well my smaller one does, the bigger is too fat i think. i have posted heaps of pics before so do a search. i rate them very highly. i don't believe they phase up colour like the yellow and red central beardies, dunno if it is a gene that hasn't been bothered being bred in, but mine can go from flushing their under side stripes, to going white as in a few mins. i seen them for about $50 at the lowest, up to $150. did i mention they eat alot? my biggest is probably just under 20cm head to tail.

Fantastic guys. Thanks for sharing the info and pics.

Still curious as to how much smaller they are compared to normal adult Beardie?

Andy, is your little guy an adult? Thanks for sharing mate!

blackghost

Hi here are some pics of our guys.

Attachments

• Dobbie 2.JPG
    Dobbie 2.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Alf 1.JPG
    Alf 1.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Fraggle 2.JPG
    Fraggle 2.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 191
  • tn_DSCF1224.JPG
    tn_DSCF1224.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 205
  • tn_DSCF1231.JPG
    tn_DSCF1231.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 165
Thanks for sharing Kyro. Are any of these guys adults? Just trying to get an idea of how big they get as an adult?

blackghost

Hello

Hello,

Thanks for posting those pics, they are very pretty looking dragons.:D

Tracie

My pleasure:) They are about 12 months old so not adults yet. I know there are quite a few people with adults so hopefully they will share some pics, if not I have some pics of adults at the Reptile Park so I will try to dig them up for you.

Found them:) It is a bit hard to tell size from the pics but you get the general idea, they really are little. The chubby looking one was gravid.

Attachments

• tn_DSCF0823.JPG
    tn_DSCF0823.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 128
  • tn_DSCF0824.JPG
    tn_DSCF0824.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 108
  • tn_DSCF0826.JPG
    tn_DSCF0826.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 125
Hi Blackghost sorry for the delay...

Yes my Pygmy is at adult size I believe. He is about 17 - 18 months old.
Here a some more pics that I took today while he was sunning himself outside.

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 95
is it possible to keep a trio in a 3ft? also if i got a trio of siblings would it matter if some were male and some female?
thanx ali

for those in the UK my local pet shop has just got in some hatchlings, tow sets from different parents, around the same age and size. there for sale at £75 and i've been told they grow up to 12 inches

i was also told i would only need a two foot viv for two of them for the entirety of their lives, what do people reckon

is it possible to keep a trio in a 3ft? also if i got a trio of siblings would it matter if some were male and some female?
thanx ali

Depends on the sex cause I'd say that 2 males would fight over a female. At the moment I have 4 juvies in a 3ft tank, 2 pygmy and 2 central but I will be taking the 2 central out once I get my new enclosure. I've also been told that they will fight if their enclosure isn't big enough.

Not sure about the sibling part of your question, maybe others can help with that one. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say too because my 2 pygmy's are from the same clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back