Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzGecko

Reaction score
Just wondering who else out there may be having an unusually early season with a particular species they're keeping.
Two weeks ago when feeding my Nephrurus stellatus I noticed the female look a little thin compared to 2 days earlier. Looked underneath the tub to find 2 nice fertile eggs. I've got my fingers crossed as this is the first fertile clutch from the pair.

Daniel

Attachments

• N.stellatusfemale.JPG
    N.stellatusfemale.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 153
  • N.stellatusmale.JPG
    N.stellatusmale.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 142
  • N.stellatus09clutch1.JPG
    N.stellatus09clutch1.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 111
Nice. good luck with them. As for early season, not happening here i still have a couple of tanks of geckos just getting active!! I took crickets out of their tanks yesterday as they werent getting eaten.

My N. laevissimus have already laid a clutch. Thicktails are gravid and everything else seems to be getting really interested.

Cheers Andrew

My levis have already laid one clutch and the female is about to drop again!

I've got childreni hatching out as I type - by far the earliest I've experienced.

how are you incubating them? and how do you know they're fertile? Sorry for the newbie questions ;)

ive got some central beardie eggs that have been in for about a month now

Pretty exciting to be breeding stellatus :)

I have gecko eggs in the incubator, just levis levis. The first were laid in July, I've had them lay eggs in every month of the year. I had snakes born in June last year, some in May this year.

I've got a georgetown stimmie female that had her pre lay shed yesterday. About 8weeks earlier than my records for last year.

Attachments

• 2009-07-08_21-45-08_08072009413.jpg
    2009-07-08_21-45-08_08072009413.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 95
how are you incubating them? and how do you know they're fertile? Sorry for the newbie questions ;)

When I found the eggs and removed them I candled them and blood vessels were and are still clearly visible. As for incubation, they are set up on vermiculite mixed with water at a ratio of 1:1 by weight and incubated at 29 degrees.

Checked the incubator last night and found 2 little stellatus running around. Will get some pics later today. Not only was this an early clutch, they also hatched out in 54 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back