Eastern Bearded Dragon Colour Morphs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcloughlin2

Reaction score
After having a quick quiz at the bearded dragon morph thread I became curious as to how far easterns have came in colour morphs?

I have seen some pictures of yellow phase, none being particularly nice until I saw W.TBUY's yellow eastern today (If you read this mate post up some updated photos of your adult easterns!)

So whats out there? Is there much work being done breeding colours in easterns? Share your stories and post some pictures.

here is some of my older pics from late last year. will post up some pics of one of my holdbacks last year and the hatchy from this year (he is quite nice)

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 580
After having a quick quiz at the bearded dragon morph thread I became curious as to how far easterns have came in colour morphs?

I have seen some pictures of yellow phase, none being particularly nice until I saw W.TBUY's yellow eastern today (If you read this mate post up some updated photos of your adult easterns!)

So whats out there? Is there much work being done breeding colours in easterns? Share your stories and post some pictures.

As far as i have seen there are a few nice adults getting around. There are even a few yellow/oranges and reds but im unsure whether these were crossed as they look funky.

any pics of these red/orange barabata.

just took some more pics.

Please note that these photo don't rely reflect the "real colours"of my lizards.

first one is Small one from this years batch.
Rest are of my holdback. He has orange near his ear and a little bit through his beard and he is 100% eastern.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 216
if i only had the computer lead for my phone. i have a wild eastern he gos a nice yellow when hes warm

any pics of these red/orange barabata.

none at present but im pretty sure im getting more dragons of the breeder that had them so next time i go there i will ask him if its ok if i take a photo of his easterns.

wild Barbata. i think this one is curtusey of Molloch.

EasternBearded5.jpg

Seems that its still early days for really coloured easterns. I'm sure there is alot more people out there with easterns - post some pictures! :p

Here's an old shot of my female. She comes up a beautiful burnt orange/red which you can sort of see in the pic.

I'll try and get some better ones tonight.

Attachments

• Beardie.JPG
    Beardie.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 290
here is some of my older pics from late last year. will post up some pics of one of my holdbacks last year and the hatchy from this year (he is quite nice)

I have 3 adults and they all go that yellow colour when warm, I think that is just normal

the reds i was speaking of, is this 'rumour' of deep red easterns. and by all means the pics WTB has seen, that he seems to think are hybrids.

the yellow isnt normal on my grey ones,they never showed it,ive seen really yellow and really orangey reddy easterns,there definatly out there,being more timid than central beardies there not held by as many keepers which is unfortunate,i love the easterns,mind u i love central beardys mellowness to,id like to see some more pics of everyones easterns and if anyone in vic breeds them id love to get some more

to see a nice red/orange eastern bearded,check the front cover of darren greens keeping bearded dragons book,red easterns are naturally occuring,as are yellows,there certainly not all grey

Id be keen to grab soem easterns if anyone here breeds them , id be keen to grab the standard colours , being grey or white ones anyone have any????pm me please

Unless you have specific permission, don't post photos you didn't take or don't own.

Link someones thread by all means, but it's bad form to post someone elses photo, being their property.

-H

Keep the pictures coming guys. I'm keen on some orange/red colour morphs. :)

Unless you have specific permission, don't post photos you didn't take or don't own.

Link someones thread by all means, but it's bad form to post someone elses photo, being their property.

-H

Providing they acknowledge the photo as not theirs and give credit to the photographer, i don't think anyone would mind. Keep in mind we are talking about pictures of reptiles, not something more personal (Pictures of family). Anyway lets keep this thread on topic. We havn't mentioned the 'H' word and the 'E" word so we should be right :lol:

Here's a shot I just took of my female. I still haven't had any luck breeding with her since she laid a couple of years ago, I just can't get her to put on any weight.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• P1080855 (Medium).JPG
    P1080855 (Medium).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 237
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back