Eastern bearded dragon problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanharvey1993

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey I have been having a few problems with my new eastern bearded dragons just wondering is it normal and what is wrong?

- male wont feed and is looking really skinny and you can see its bones
- male has a eye that looks like it has gone completely blind
- female has some sort of worm in its throat
- female wont eat

they are quarinteened outside but my male eastern beardie I originally had is with them so I am worried he is gonna get sick from them too. I cannot afford to take them to the vet as I am totally broke (owe my mum nearly $1000) so I dunno what to do.

If anyone wants them they can have them all for free, I am just not gonna buy of anyone any more unless I see there setups and the animals before I buy them as this isnt the first time I have bought animals and had a problem with them. (It has happened on a few occasions) If you want them PM me or email me at [email protected]

Ryan

Ryan are you sure they're not WC?
If they are, it would explain them being skinny (the ones around here have been skinny this year) and maybe not eating from stress.
Have you wormed them??
As far as the worm in the females throat, how big is it etc??

some vets will do a fecal without charging the whole consultation fee,..just the 20 bucks or so,...?

are they active at all?

so there is no chance of them being wild caught? did they have them outside? are you keeping them inside?

Its not hard for someone to catch a wild beardie then sell it over the internet, there was a guy living in Picton and now he is in St Helens Park who was catching jackys, beardies, leaf tails etc and selling them online.
He crossed a few of the wrong people though, and i havent seen him advertising latley.

I have seen many male adult(wild caught) eastern beardies fail and die because they just do not adapt to captivatey . Females are some what hardier, i would worm them and put them somewhere very quiet. It sounds like they could be wild caught but they may have been in a pit all their lives and they are not adjusting to life indoors.

Last edited:
Id definitely get some wormer and worm them. Maybe also give them small mashed force feeds with liquid calcium mixed in.
And what hawke said, keep them somewhere quiet.

Do you have them indoors or outdoors? In one of you first posts you said you have them in quarentiene outside, then in another you said indoors... :?

100_3591.jpg

100_3593.jpg

100_3594.jpg

Looks like old/retained shed on the tail.

any pics of the worm on the females throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back