Eastern bearded dragon problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could take them to your locale reptiile pet store I'm sure they would take them.

I really wish i could help, but im too far away.

Best of luck anyway. :(

I will give them to anyone.... aslong as THEY give them a good home, and can pick them up

Ryan please dont give them to just anyone, make sure they are experienced enough to know how look after them, feed them / get them feeding, and hopefully afford to get them some vet care if they are as bad as you say they are.

Okay. What heat are you keeping them at? Just get a thermometre and check. I had my bearded at a REALLY hot temperature, it was really hot to touch, but he wouldn't eat. I check the temperature, and it turned out to be 34C, so I got a different globe, got it to 40C, then he ate LOTS.

Secondly, have you got UV? The male's swollen eye makes me think of UVC poisoning. UVC is produced by compact UV tubes (that I've found, I don't know about anything else). If you're using a compact, then I suggest you remove it.

Thirdly, how big are these dragons? The pictures wouldn't come up for me. But I think a one metre tank would be a bit small for three dragons. It's possible that they're stressing each other out. You could try separating them and seeing if they'll eat.

Are they getting any water? They might not drink it from a water bowl even if you supply one. Spray them from a spray bottle every day or every second day. What you could also do is put them into a plastic container with chest-high water (for the dragons) and them in there one at a time for ten minutes or so. They'll absorb water through their cloacas.

The female with the worms might not eat because of the worms. It's a good idea to get all of them wormed so that they're not passing them between each other.

Dragons, I've found, aren't nearly as hard to look after than I thought. Do you have any other kind of dragon? Or are these your first? This could be a simple case of the dragons stressing each other out. You could try exploring other the other options that I've provided above before handing them on, other wise you could miss out on something great (owning bearded dragons).

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Okay. What heat are you keeping them at? Just get a thermometre and check. I had my bearded at a REALLY hot temperature, it was really hot to touch, but he wouldn't eat. I check the temperature, and it turned out to be 34C, so I got a different globe, got it to 40C, then he ate LOTS.

Secondly, have you got UV? The male's swollen eye makes me think of UVC poisoning. UVC is produced by compact UV tubes (that I've found, I don't know about anything else). If you're using a compact, then I suggest you remove it.

Thirdly, how big are these dragons? The pictures wouldn't come up for me. But I think a one metre tank would be a bit small for three dragons. It's possible that they're stressing each other out. You could try separating them and seeing if they'll eat.

Are they getting any water? They might not drink it from a water bowl even if you supply one. Spray them from a spray bottle every day or every second day. What you could also do is put them into a plastic container with chest-high water (for the dragons) and them in there one at a time for ten minutes or so. They'll absorb water through their cloacas.

The female with the worms might not eat because of the worms. It's a good idea to get all of them wormed so that they're not passing them between each other.

Dragons, I've found, aren't nearly as hard to look after than I thought. Do you have any other kind of dragon? Or are these your first? This could be a simple case of the dragons stressing each other out. You could try exploring other the other options that I've provided above before handing them on, other wise you could miss out on something great (owning bearded dragons).

Good luck, and keep us posted.

the temperature is about 35 degrees in the hot spot, his eye isnt swollen it has just gone blind in it, they are fully grown, have sprayed them with water and got water dishes in there, only my usual male drinks, I have kept central beardies, eastern beardies, jacky dragons in the past and have never had any problems, I dont think a dragon turning up with worms is really stress related though.

thanks for the help, Ryan

No, I meant, keeping them together would stress them (especially if they're adults), and worms could certainly stop them eating. The worms could be spread to the other beardeds by the first one's faeces.

Try getting a higher wattage globe, so that you get the temperature to around 40C, or if you've got a thermostat, just increasing it there.

How often do you spray them?

hey yes, they seem to be going ok, the male has started opening his eyes again. I am not sure if they have been eating though (my orignal one has been which I split from the other 2)

Why don't you give your local vet a call & see if they will come to some kind of arrangement to pay them off. I'm sure if you explain the situation they will help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back