Eastern Bluey scale rot help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freemanson2250 said:
Not at all but I don't think it's fair to say that a "huge amount" of younger members are the reason to blame for people leaving aps.
Some of the younger kids are the most passionate in this hobby and some are keeping and breeding some amazing animals.

I think you will also find that a lot of members left due to the admins/mods and forum rules etc, Whilst I only joined recently I have been visiting for years

I said what I said because I had talked to a few members who were on here previously, and they told me that this was the primary reason why they left. Yes, perhaps "younger members" was too generalised. What I meant to say was, the members that come here and won't take general advice that they've been given (eg. the snake is not eating because it's too cold), etc., etc. In some cases, this seems to correlate with younger memebrs.

But anyway, back on topic :)

mmm i think that if what you say is true about older members leaving because of younger members, then that is sad, they should be premoting reptiles to the younger generations, and destroying the wierd belief that reptiles are evil creatures only put on this planet to scare people. I dont think its true though because some of the younger members know quite a bit more about reptiles than the older ones (not me).

This thread is straying. I did not mean "younger/older members" to mean only age. I meant also how experienced someone is. The more experienced members have been leaving due to less experienced members who do not listen. Why should they continue to argue with people who've read a couple of books and suddenly know more then experienced breeders and people who actively get out there and "herp"? As I said, less experience tends to correlate with age (you know, the young are arrogant and all :D). This is obviously not always the case.

Anyway, back on topic!

Manda, perhaps you could put up a wanted ad (you don't need to be a subscriber to do this) to see if anyone around in your area is willing to go have a look at the blue tongue?

i tried to help, but i think my advice has gone unoticed :(
if i lived in QLD's i would take her off but unfortunalty i don't, why don't u try petlink? thats free, or australian herp classifieds, thats free too :)

and how would you pay for her ailments?

Well see your situation is different to mine as im still a child living @ home and my parents can help me afford medicine for my animals when they are sick and i simply pay them back over time with the money i earn going jobs ect..

With help from other knowledgable people taken back to the vets I spoke to another vet in the building and we confirmed that she has blood septicaemia. We are now working with medication to make her better

Glad to here that you finally found a way to get the bluetongue better, but we were just trying to help aswell

With help from other knowledgable people taken back to the vets I spoke to another vet in the building and we confirmed that she has blood septicaemia. We are now working with medication to make her better

thats great news! hope is gets better soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back