Eastern Brown

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nodrog, when you look at the snake, thats you reflected in the glass. Its an illusion whereby you can see your mush imposed on the snake. Easy mistake to make.

Very much could be i just thought i would get other peoples opinions maybe it is just my easterns that look fake!!!!!

I'm still waiting for the pics :)

I like the orangey/brown spots they have on their bellies. I couldn't say I find them boring to look at. Certainly if you were confronted by a wild one, point blank by accident, you'd think it was pretty damned exciting! (whilst absolutely crapping yourself!) :lol: :lol:

They aren't as ugly as gwadars!

Some of the WBs ive cought here have been awesome colours and such a vairiance of colours (orange with black head, dark orange almost red with black flecks and head, light brown, light brown with dark flecks)
The differant colours of this sp. are amazing.

i no i had a moment of stupidity thats all :)
on a bit of a side note shouldnt it b called a king black since its not rely a brown snake??

How many black Mulga's have you seen? They are named by their common colouration, not by the genus which they belong to. Although they do show plenty of colour diversity throughout the different localities.

The orange with black head recently were redescribed as a full species, Pseudonaja mengdeni from memory. And yeah i like them :p i've found one with partial banding out here, i thought it was pretty ordinary but a mate found a blackheaded one that was pretty special.

Banding is only on the lower part of the body.
NarwarlahT1classMarch20100502.jpg

And this one is a nuchalis not mengdeni.
DSC00910.jpg

Some of the WBs ive cought here have been awesome colours and such a vairiance of colours (orange with black head, dark orange almost red with black flecks and head, light brown, light brown with dark flecks)
The differant colours of this sp. are amazing.

Being orange with a blackhead doesn't necessarily mean it will be P.mengdeni, though. There were several localities the P.nuchalis complex that were poorly represented (or absent) in Adam Skinners paper - it wouldn't surprise many people if there were even more species amongst them.

Point taken, i suppose my above photo should have clued me onto that! :p

Being orange with a blackhead doesn't necessarily mean it will be P.mengdeni, though. There were several localities the P.nuchalis complex that were poorly represented (or absent) in Adam Skinners paper - it wouldn't surprise many people if there were even more species amongst them.

Do you have a link to that paper by any chance gordo or jonno?

I finally found my camera charger so here are the pics of my big baby

Attachments

• P1010755.jpg
    P1010755.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 86
  • P1010757.jpg
    P1010757.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 85
Yeah ya right NODROG move over Quasimodo......THERE IS NOTHING UGLY ABOUT HIM MAN!! he is beautiful ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back