Egg help please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
Hi everyone. On the 18th of March one of my female N.Amyae laid her first ever (and my first ever to care for) clutch of two healthy fertile plump eggs. Yesterday i started to notice that both eggs have "very" small dints appearing on the eggs surface. The humidity is all good and there is condensation on the sides ( which is normal yeah? ), its also the correct temperatures in the incubator (29-30). Are small dints normal??? is there anything that I might be doing wrong that is causing the small dints?

Cheers, Matt.

You arent sitting on them are you?? :shock::lol:

Just kidding..... depressions on top are quite normal. I have heard of eggs actually being open at the top for over a month before hatching, and hatched successfully. Important to not disturb them especially not tipping them over.

What medium are you incubating on and what ratio?
mummabear i am using a Hovabator (still air). the eggs are in a tub with 1/1 vermiculite/water ratio. Also for the tubs the eggs are in- inbetween the tub lid (which has 3 small air holes in it) and the tub i have gladwrap to keep the humidity in but still allow air exchange.

You arent sitting on them are you?? :shock::lol:

Just kidding..... depressions on top are quite normal. I have heard of eggs actually being open at the top for over a month before hatching, and hatched successfully. Important to not disturb them especially not tipping them over.
haha...i havent tipped them and the only handling ive given them is candling and moving them from laybox to incubator. the didnts today are getting a little deeper :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back