Eggs for FOOD??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
Anyone ever fed their snakes eggs at anytime?? Perhaps not Coles brand eggs but free range stuff, maybe even duck or pidgeon eggs etc? Or is the end result a good reason to avoid it! :lol: :lol: Just curious!

Probably ok for a snake that approaches the egg gently but would hate to have to clean the enclosure after a good strike :)

Africa, this is what herp sites are for. Swapping ideas that you never think of :roll:

roflmao, we know who u r so now ur just are a fool. :D
go the ideas!!
if it was hardboiled would u take the shell off it first??

Liberated, no leave the shell on for calcium supplement :roll:

I tried eggs to see if there was any interest from any of my snakes. A couple of them gave the eggs the once over but none of them ate any. I have had success with chicken necks though.

Well I think that might be as good as a green light to me :) I got the same idea from that doco too Mick lol Just thought I'd see if anyone has anything bad to say about them! I sincerely hope mine doesn't strike the egg lol Just cleaned her enclosure this morning :)

I've tried eggs on some of mine, never any interest though. I've used beef before, they really love it, but I only tried it a few times out of interest, it's not the best thing for them.

Would bearded dragons take hard boiled eggs??? i want to try it but dont want to waste anything

Would bearded dragons take hard boiled eggs??? i want to try it but dont want to waste anything

Most would. lots of large lizards love eggs, but I never give mine any, it makes their sh!t smell really bad! :shock:

Speaking of beardy food, I like your idea about the frozen peas, corn and carrot. I bought a couple of bags and have some thawing for the legged reptiles as I type :)

just stick em in warm water then strain the water off Sdaji, heaps quicker and easier that way.

Yeah, but I get paranoid about nutrients leaching out :) I stuck them in a tub and stuck it on the heat mat, didn't have to wait long before they were nice and warm. The beardy was utterly disinterested, the blue tongues had a bit of a nibble and quickly decided it was better to wait a few days for some roaches. Blueies and Beardies are so stupid! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back