Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Gordo we cant keep any elapids in WA unless cat 5 unrestricted and i belive this is very hard to obtain i think there is only 13 people in WA and these permits only allow for dangerously venomous death adders brown snakes etc .

hey guys,
im really interested in getting a class 1 ven, i just want to know if any1 hear knows of any1 who breeds and sells, and from what u guys have been saying about whips, sounds like its not the best starter venom, but if som1 could give me some info please
cheers malik

Jamgo do you keep ringed browns or any of the furina genus?

AND do you find that what ever your feeding on drumsticks eventually begin to take peices of pinkies voluntarily? Do you find that pinkies offer more nutrition than fish?

Yeah i keep ringed browns and have kept some furina's ............ I start a lot of baby snakes off on drumsticks or pinkie heads even some adders and most will take voluntarily ........... I don't feed anything fish.

Yeah i keep ringed browns and have kept some furina's ............ I start a lot of baby snakes off on drumsticks or pinkie heads even some adders and most will take voluntarily ........... I don't feed anything fish.

Why do you prefer rodents over fish is it because you just prefer rodents or is the reason nutritional ? not saying i use fish 100% of the time but i use them often

Why do you prefer rodents over fish is it because you just prefer rodents or is the reason nutritional ? not saying i use fish 100% of the time but i use them often
Its not a matter of prefer i just never had a reason to feed anything fish .......Has for nutrition i can't say if its better or not or if it makes no differents to feed fish ...... I know a few people who have used fish to get elapids feeding with no dramas ...... some people feed skinks everybody different .......In the end its whatever works for you.

Yep its just a matter of personal preference. I've tried most methods and using fish works best for me, especially on the smaller elapids.

I found feeder fish quite useful. A big pro for me was that I could save chopping up my pinkies and reducing the mess left ie. dont know about anyone else but after trying to feed half a pinkie half the contents would spill out and not be consumed and I would have to do another clean. The thing with feeder fish is that as they are leaner (less fatty), more easily and faster to digest, you will need to feed them more regularly and with larger food portions (two or three fish depending on size).

Yep its just a matter of personal preference. I've tried most methods and using fish works best for me, especially on the smaller elapids.

Yeah fish works for me as well tho i use rodents also but find fish can be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back