electricity bills

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
currently on about $1100 a quarter. there's only 2 people in the house!

$650 for the quarter. bills gone up even though according to the reads i used less power than the previous billing periods. I wonder if the power companies will be happy if i increase my rates to go out and maintain their pipelines for them?

I was mortified my last Quarter was $520.00 it is usually around $350.00 I have myself, 2 other adults and 1 power sucking Little Girl(will not turn lights off aarrgghh)
Bad Dad used his aircon 24/7 though. I am hoping it will be better this quarter(I turned off their grog fridge lol and wont allow heaters on/except in the bathroom for a short while)sounds harsh but they dont pay the bill LOL

Our summer ones are bad, $830 was the last. We have 6 people at home with 5 home all day doing home schooling. Winter is usually about $400 but I can imagine that is going to increase now with extra additions.

Luckily I don't pay the power bill (I pay the mortgage instead :/). How much do you guys think your animals contribute to these bills?

Luckily I don't pay the power bill (I pay the mortgage instead :/). How much do you guys think your animals contribute to these bills?
when I had 3 big fish tanks with lights and heaters, it was noticeable when I got rid of them... I only have one heat pad now, so think the humans are the power
leech's now :)

Mine is about $1600 but gets well over $2000 for the winter quarter (This includes gas for cooking and ducted gas heating). I dread my bill arriving in the mail. Thats 2 adults 3 kids and all the reptiles.

Last edited:
just come..$600. thats with 3 humans, 2 enclosures, mum running her fan every night all night, and since the cold weather came through having a bar heater on most nights. not to shabby, we split the bill and and pay in one shot.

a good job and the ability to budget. plus getting in good with your electric company and splitting up the amounts you pay over a number of weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back