electricity bills

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$290 to $350 a quarter
17 enclosures
60 tub hatchy rack
24 tub adult rack
sement filled brick reptile room
double insulated roofs
and 1.5kw solar system

$450 a quarter, 20 odd heating lamps, flatmate that runs a computer and bar heater now winter 24/7. Given some of the other responses I feel vv grateful. Though most of my enclosures are in my reptile room and it maintains temp quite well.

the power bills in Sydney are ridiculous! and so varied from suburb to suburb. We also get excess water of $180/quarter

and just think, power has gone up another 6% this month!
it's starting to get ridiculous! (their excuse is that we didn't use enough power over summer! lol so much for saving power! buggers*

$1'200.00 per winter quarterallowing myself nothing but hot-wate rsystem on for 1 hour per week, that means hot/warm showers on 2 days per week..cold showers 5 days per week..i am not lieing to you, but i have a hot-house also, and 2 rooms for herps, fish tanks....

so you mean you use aircon a lot? you're not JUST using your hot water system there.
three biggest killers for power bills, hot water, fridge and aircon.
gas heating would probably be a lot cheaper (depend on your tank size/ direct line and supplier, it's worth checking into)

Mine is around $600 a quarter, I pay it $50 a week and I have a deal with the power company that every 6 months they credit me with a bonus $50- $75 for maintaining the regular weekly payments.

Ergon pays me about $100 per quarter, 3kw solar system is more than paying for it's self. When we looked into it, we found it was cheaper to pay the solar system off than pay our electricity bill each quarter. 2 adults, 2 kids and a hell of a lot of animals. If you look into it, and can manage the up front fee's I'm sure most of you can benefit from installing a system.

Mine is around $600 a quarter, I pay it $50 a week and I have a deal with the power company that every 6 months they credit me with a bonus $50- $75 for maintaining the regular weekly payments.

what company are you with Rissa? I may have to hit mine up for this deal!

what company are you with Rissa? I may have to hit mine up for this deal!

I am with energy Australia.

Ergon pays me about $100 per quarter, 3kw solar system is more than paying for it's self. When we looked into it, we found it was cheaper to pay the solar system off than pay our electricity bill each quarter. 2 adults, 2 kids and a hell of a lot of animals. If you look into it, and can manage the up front fee's I'm sure most of you can benefit from installing a system.

Do you have any information on the company that you can pm me a link for please?
I have solar hot water but it has never seemed to provide me with the hot water we need so I am still having the water system heat 24/7.

Hey Rissa try Tom at Cleaner energy 0435862636 he looked after us really well. Ran through our power bill looking at our power usage and what size system we would need to neutralize our power bills. They had a 3yr interest free payment option that was cheaper than our current power bills which won us over. If you live on a budget I think it is the only way to go.

Got my solar wired and turned on today :D Hoping it kills half or more of the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back