Enclosure help plz :S

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMatoPASTE

Reaction score
Hi
I'v got a 2 foot enclosure on order for a starter for what was probably gunna be a darwin carpet being advised that i could realistically keep it in there for the first 2-3 years of its life before upgrading to a ~4 foot. I have last minute cold feet about the darwin as i'd absolutely LOVE a BHP. If i were to put a BHP hatchie/juvi in the 2 footer how long could i realistically keep it in there before needing a full size enclosure? If it would be a ridiculously short amount of time i might consider trying to get that 2 foto upgraded to 3. Help asap would be greatly appreciated as the 2foot is already on order :shock:
Cheers!
Tom

p.s. yes i know, crap planning :rolleyes:

Hi! For a BHP a long and low enclosure is better because the don't climb (very well) if the heat source is up high they cannot get access to it easily. I would say a 2ft long enclosure would only last a maximum of 2 years (depending on feeding and specimen size etc.) I have a 3 - 4ft yearling that thrives in a 4ftx2ftx2ft and will be going into its adult enclosure 6ftx3ftx2ft at 2 - 3 years. If it is more than 2ft high I would try fit a shelf in under the lamp so it can gain access for basking (providing you decide to use a heat lamp).

Cheers for the quick reply! That pretty much answers my question :) ill go contemplate my **** off for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back