Enclosure setups with shared heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zuesowns

Reaction score
Just wanting to see if anyone had some enclosures setup with share heating?

I am guessing shared between 2 separate enclosures, housing 2 reptiles.

The only way I can think to do this would be enclosures side by side with the heat lamp in the middle and a divider.

Any pics would be appreciated.

i have 2 2ft tanks side by side, sitting on the same heatmat..... young snakes in one and thicktailed gex in the other.....
to do what i think you are thing you would need to cut a hole and put the light fitting directly in the middle of the divider use a big globe and cage the whole thing off.....

i have 2 2ft tanks side by side, sitting on the same heatmat..... young snakes in one and thicktailed gex in the other.....
to do what i think you are thing you would need to cut a hole and put the light fitting directly in the middle of the divider use a big globe and cage the whole thing off.....

or have a mesh or flywire divider with the globe in the middle. i have heard of two enclosures being on the same thermostat, (two identical enclosures with two identical globes in identical places within the enclosure running off the same thermostat) but not with the same globe... have definately heard of people having some enclosures without heating because all the other enclosures around them heat them up and having multiple on one heat mat (my two waters are on the same 28W heat matt and damn thats a cheap way to run a couple of snake enclosures)

I have had identical size enclosures in a bank setup run off one thermostat before. Had to run different wattage globes in them as they were on top of one another. Checked this with thermometers

i runmy 2 womas click clacks on the 1 heat mat. my male brisbane coastal enclosure heats my marbled gecko enclosure .

Would it be ideal to have a 2 enclosures 1 on top of the other, the heat lamp in the middle enclosure. would the top of the heat lamp produce enough heat for the reptile above?

there are vents at the top of the heat lamp. heat rises, but I do not think it would produce enough heat (32 degree) basking spot. Also I would need to some how over the top of the heat lamp to avoid the python from basking on the metal and getting burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back