Enclosures and tiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I'll grout all the tiles in, and I can always regrout if they get stained?

I am almost positive you would find a grout sealer right next door to the grout in most hardware shops, this is not the grout booster but a sealer you can apply after the grout has dried.

I am using tiles like THIS, in the Sorrento colour, for the walls! Will look awesome I hope!!

http://www.leisurestone.com.au/product.html

I love the look of this stuff.

One issue you might have is the weight it adds to the enclosure. I ended up purchasing a hand trolley after building my last enclosure and using porcelain tiles on the floor.

Hmm well our enclosure is 6 foot tall, 4 foot long, 2.5 feet deep... Solid wood, stained deep cherry, and has Two enclosures inside (both will be fully tiled)... So I think it will be REALLY heavy, but I don't think the tiles will make that much difference overall LOL!

Yeah I think that those tiles will look great, and the baby beardie will have fun climbing them!

Oh - and if I have that wall, and the beardie can climb it, will it need a cover on the MegaRay?

Thanks!!

the people at bunnings will cut them for you.

i used silicon.

just have the megaray closer to the front then the back.

that wall is amazing.. its expensive isnt it?

The Megaray is wired to be in the middle... So I guess around 9 inches from the back? Is that ok??

Yeah it's expensive... Costing about $300 to do the walls for both enclosures... But looks great huh?! And fun for climbing LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back