Euthanasing Mice with CO2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CO2

Talk to your local welding supply store or a welder. Not too expensive, but varies according the the whim of the welder/supplier.

Anyone please feel free to correct me because I'm not sure if this is entirly correct but this is what I herd:
1) place the mice in an air tight container
2)In the container have some baking soda
3) Add vinger to the baking soda
4) This will form CO2 and the mice will begin running around frantically and then fall asleep and die

Buy a thingy of c02 then put in a container and they die place neatly in baggs of 5 and freeze

just as a point of interest why bags of 5?
are you discriminating against the number 4?
I have been highly offended by this statement. ;)

i thinki the average is round 7-12 for mice. But anything can happen. eg: some ppl; told me that my rat wont have many babies about 7-10 for her first time. My rat had 18 babies. so just wait and see you might get surprised. like me :lol:

cheers, jeremy

Mice will give birth every 18-21 days.Average litter size of 4-12.
Rats will give birth every 19-22 days.Average litter size 5-24.
Litter sizes depend on age,breeding compatability,environmental factors, lighting,temp so on.If these arent right then you may miss out on a cycle.

To euthenase with CO2, get a cylinder of CO2 from a welding supply company. Place mice / rats on ground, lift cylinder and drop it on to mice / rats head. Rodent is now dead. Scrape up mess and feed / freeze as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back