Rats v Mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something to remember is pet shops have big overheads . staff, rent etc. so they charge higher prices because they also want to make a profit. Whereas smaller operations have lower overheads, as they are operated from home and they are usually family run so they have no wages or rent to pay. I buy my rodents/birds from a friend who runs 1 of these, I buy my crickets in bulk because they are a pain to breed ( + too noisy and smelly) but I do breed my own woodies and super worms . If you can find a local rodent breeder , (sorry I don't know any in Melbourne) maybe whoever you bought your snake from will give you a tip ? When you have been in the hobby for a while you get to learn more things
Hi. Do you know of any breeders in Sydney.

you forget 1 thing, they are buying from a breeder, they are not breeding their own . I will not buy from Petbarn for instance because they don't feed the bugs. The bugs are delivered and sit on the shelf till they are sold or the next delivery comes next week. I can't count the times I have bought a tub of crix that had 1 bug, $6 for 1 cricket ? is that a good price ? Tell me that is superior quality
That's the business for these shops. They just buy from one place, sell at their place. Of course, their quality will not be very good if the stuff has been lying around for a long time.

I don't know his breeder but I buy my rodents and birds from KR custom enclosures. he is in Currans Hill (SW Sydney) he is open every weekend, his prices are about half of pet shops
Half? Wow!:eek:

Back