Evaporative Cooling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusy

Reaction score
I've been pondering beginning to build a full size enclosure for my jungle hatchling so i have a bit of a headstart. Currently, he's in a click clack in my rehearsal room which i built in my shed and is air conditioned. Whenever i have rehearsal (i play drums), i just move him into the house which is in the evening for a couple of hours and move him back out.

Once he moves into a proper enclosure (which will be around the start of summer i imagine), moving him around wont be as easy and i cant have him stay in that room with the noise. He will have to live in the shed (although i'll keep working on the other half to allow him to live inside the house) and it can get pretty darn hot in there mid-summer.

I've looked at a few websites and youtube video's on how to build an evaporative cooler and am thinking of building one onto the side of the enclosure at the cool end and running a fan straight into the vent at that end to cool the air run by a thermostat so when the temp reaches a certain level, maybe 24 degrees, it will turn on and run some cool air into the cool end.

Has anyone done this (i did do a search)? Does it work? I would imagine the cooler will increase the humidity or it could actually decrease it. I'm not sure.
Any advice? Do it, don't do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back