Everyday the Bearded questions?????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take into consideration that people are so eager to find out what is wrong with or wan't to know something and don't think about searching and 35% of the people are new to the forum.

If you don't like people asking questions and wanting know how to do this and that, don't read it. People join to get answer's, so don't just tell them to go away and search. If you don't like it, you have no need to be a member.

I thought forums were for people to ask questions.

Take into consideration that people are so eager to find out what is wrong with or wan't to know something and don't think about searching and 35% of the people are new to the forum.

If you don't like people asking questions and wanting know how to do this and that, don't read it. People join to get answer's, so don't just tell them to go away and search. If you don't like it, you have no need to be a member.

I thought forums were for people to ask questions.

100% agree

Like oh my God Vat! I like totally can't believe you like just admitted to like READING in front of like ALL of these people!!!! DUDE!!

:x
Secret's out.
It's true, I'm not a nub. I believe it's good practice to read up on husbandry before acquiring an animal. Shame on me. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention damn you! Bye-bye street cred. :oops:

Next thing you know you'll be telling us you take the advice of herp vets and people who've had years of experience :shock: It's all so shameful!

how come every thread on this site turns so negative?? everyone is so quick to judge and self-rightous

so now that there is a lot of people watching this thread could some one help me as i have a problem with my BEARDED DRAGON......LOL.LOL

ha,ha,ha...

feed him to your python so you dont ask anymore stupid BD questions!!:lol:

( just kidding, i love dragons...especially on toast with a little jam...:D)

I can totally understand where your coming from Browns but fact of life is that most people use the internet for research these days instead of books so maybe someone should start an Australian bearded dragon forum or write up a decent care sheet that we can all direct the new bearded dragon owners to.

completly agree these threads just waste time and fill bandwith for no reason

Fairdinkum some of you people really take things the wrong way.I never said that there's anything wrong with asking questions about any animal you keep but it's the people who have absolutely no idea who want to be spoon fed every little bit of information they can get where instead just buying a book on Beearded Dragons should have the answers to most of the questions asked.

If you can't be bothered buying a book wether you are a newby or not and finding out the husbandry of Beardeds which many people buy on impulse then get home without having a cage or enclosure set up and no idea on how to keep them other than some rubbish info from a pet shop to make a quick sale then you shouldn't be keeping them in the first place.You all keep saying get over it or you don't have to read the thread which I don't but I do know you should know a bit about keeping the animal you are about to purchase and have an enclosure set up and tested ready for your new BD to move into and hopefully thrive for many years.

If you have done research and read books without finding the answer to your question or problem then go hell for leather and get on a forum such as this and ask your question or talk to a reptile vet not just a regular vet as most have no idea about reptiles.I'm not at all putting down or having a go at newbies as they will be the next generation of herpers keeping the hobby alive but is it really that hard to buy a book on Beardeds for $40 or so which should provide answers to most questions new keepers have,if not then as I said go for it and get on the forum and ask.

It's quite obvious many of you have taken my post the wrong way however I'm sure plenty of others agree and it has nothing to do with being new to the forum or new to herps,you should still research and at the very least purchase one book on the animal you're about to bring home instead of waiting till it's too late and then get on here asking why your Bearded is sick or the worst scenario it has died which could have easily been prevented by simply reading a good book on how to keep Bearded Dragons.There are surely many BD forums out there I'm sure,especially with some of the amazing morphs etc being bred overseas.No I'm not saying join a different forum I'm just making a few suggestions it's as simple as that for the good of your BD!!!.....Cheers!

Being a "newbie" this thread at first hit a raw nerve and I took it a bit personaly.
HOWEVER after reading through again I can sympathise.
I did do the research, buy & read the books, etc etc for months before even buying the ideal set up let alone the Beardies.
Having lost both now (still blubbering wreck from this mornings final vet visit) you can imagine how I feel when I see so many of these do they need a uv type questions. We done everything in our power to help ours but still feel I failed in some way!!! (If that makes any sense??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back