Exo Terra Enclosures - Where to buy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MannyM

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this may seem like a bit of a moot question seeing as how exo-terra is probably the most commercial of reptile products, but does anyone have any recommendations on where the best place to buy (in product range and price) exo-terra enclosures and products is?

I'm open to recommendations for all states (which may help others), but i'm primarily interested in the Sydney area.

Looking for a Medium Desert Kit for my N. Levis but can't seem to find any decent stockists.

Cheers!

i have a few exo terras ive been to quite a few stores here ive not seen as yet the exo terra desert habitat kit but you can buy most of it separately, here in Melbourne ive found the best friends pet stores to offer the best prices on exo terras.

Can you order off there website would that be cheaper?
someone should make a ebay shop for them:D:p

I think that the desert and rainforest kits aren't available in Australia yet. The terrariums you should be able to buy anywhere.

zoo med has their own type of kits and they are available i know the store Mystic and myth reptiles in Pascoe Vale has them.

Kellyville pets stocks a good range of exo terra Enclosures.

Pets Domain stores have them, if they dont have the size your after in the range. it doesnt take long to order them in

Does anyone no if exo-Terra terrariums go any bigger than 3 ft?

if your after larger ones pet goods direct do a 39inx19inx39in but have seen other places that do sliding glass ones up to around 5ft

no 3 ft is the biggest they make. there is a mob in canberra called reptiles inc. and they make 4 foot tanks. other than then you are looking at a custom job

What experience have you guys had with the Exo-Terra enclosures? I imagine the build quality would be pretty good, but would like to hear some accounts from people that have owned them. Any issues, good features, etc?

BTW, I used to go to extreme pets all the time, but honestly found them incredibly expensive. Might go and check out Kellyville Pets just to have a look at it all in person.

I own a exo terra enclosure they are pretty good well made all tho the backgrounds look nice they can damage easy depending on what you are keeping in them my pygmy bearded dragon scratches the sand and has made a hole in the background no big deal as can cover it up with sand easy. Also the reptile shop at narellen has some nice enclosures worth having a look their and their prices are pretty good.

The reptiles inc enclosures look great if you are after a all glass one they seem to look better then the exo terra one's I'm getting one hopefully this week can send you some pics if you like when I get it.

But yeah to answer your question about exo terra build quality its good they seem strong well designed easy to access inside them and clean hope that helps if you have any questions feel free to send me a pm mate.

I have the Exo terra 18x18x24 inch terrarium. I have been herping for around 4 years now and have had the pleasure and misfortune of using both custom and industry made tanks. Exo Terra is one of the leaders in the herp industry as they are design by herpers for herpers. I have found that the silicone work on the edges can be a bit rough at times but they are great.

Pros:
Built in vents in the doors. this allows for even air flow. In most cases the air is only coming from the top or one or two side vents.
Comes with a back ground, although the back ground is styrofoam and will fall apart quickly with dragons. They are sold as replacement parts though.
Built in door lock is a great feature unless you have kids. They do however sell cable pad locks that can be used to lock the doors.

Cons:
They are a bit pricy for what they are. You could probably get a larger custom tank for less.
The glass is a little thin for anything big that might like to thrash around a little.

I am getting a 4 foot terrarium from Reptiles Inc soon. I am in the process of getting it made. The back grounds from Reptiles Inc are made from latex and are far more hard waring. I have seen 4 different terrariums from Reptiles Inc in person and they never cease to amaze me with the quality.

Large terrariums

Try PetsDen in Bayswater (03 9720 9005) - they have Exo Terra and others including some quite large ones - 1200x60x90 and 1200x60x60

Thanks for the info so far guys. It has been very helpful.

Rhett, unfortunately am in Sydney, so Bayswater is just a little out of the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back