exo terra enclousures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arbok

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey which size exo terra glass enclousure would be suitable to keep 3 oedura castelnaui in, and is aspen bedding an alright substrate for them?
also being arboreal i notice the fake vines etc arent really.... that good for climbing.... anyone know of a brand that has good fake plants, or is it advisable to just get some branches and sterilise them?(cheaper aswell!) if so what do u recomend for sticking them in place, would a hot glue un do??

ps if u have any pics of your gecko set ups do post

ill also be posting pics of my stimie set up soon! sooooo excited!

Hi,

as they're arboreal you'll be looking at something that's 60 cms high and 45x45 ground. Yes, you can use branches/bark and sterilise them in your oven. People tend to argue about the use of sand as substrate (apparently it can cause impaction) but many use it anyway. I keep my marmoratas on peat, my tryonis have rock plates and a sort of gravel. As for fake plants, just shop around and see what you like. I got some rather cheap no-name ones that turned out to have a nice effect: they turn reddish under the moon-light bulbs at night.

Hope that helps,

Bluemchen

I keep aboreals in 30x45x45 exoterras.
I just find sticks and sterilise them - you should cut/break them to size so the are stable without needing to glue them in as I always like to take them out and clean the poo off every now and then. Eucalypt bark is also good for hides - I get the curved thick bits off the firewood ;) I also use small terracotta pots
A mixture of peat and sand is what I use for a substrate.

here's a pic
feb08043.jpg

ive got those fake vines in my Milii tank and they love climbing on them, got a couple of different thickness wound together and are sweet as you can bend them to shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back