Exo terra mesh enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tattoolizzie

Reaction score
Hi,

Can any one tell me, would it be appropriate to house a hatchy or juvenille beardie in one of the exoterra mesh enclosures?

It would be outside with 1/2 sun/shade during the day, and most likely inside of a night time, with a heat mat during the night if need be. I live in Qld, so it's fairly warm here. .... I'm just keen on the idea of natural UV.

The lady at the pet shop told me it would be fine .... but she also told me a central netted dragon would live 20-30 yrs in captivity, which is why I'm asking for your opinions! Thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Lizzie

talking about something like this:

Attachments

• flexarium_set.jpg
    flexarium_set.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 60
would imagine that it would be fine. I wish netteds lived for that long.

me too!

Other than the temp ... which I think would be ok, the only thing I'm worried about really is the fact that we have quite a lot of skinks (the common garden ones with the yellow stipes) and Asian House Gecko's in our yard. Would they be likely to pass on any nasty diseases do you think?

Well I guess the risk is always there but plenty of people keep their animals outdoors without complications.

I can't see why you can't use them mesh vivariums as a permanent set up for them. I actually used one as a permanent fixture outside for a blue tongue, but under shelter. I decked one end out with rocks, hides and pot plants and his water bowl at other end with more plants but making sure there were sunny spots there too. It was for one of my FAWNA patients who had to learn to cope with outside conditions just prior to releasing him back to the wild. Sadly I didn't get any photos and I sold my vivarium to someone who was in urgent need of a something for keeping microbats in. It was perfect for them to climb.

Thanks guys - I think I'll give it a go.

The spot I have in mind it under our pergola so not too exposed to any harsh weather.

i only use the mesh when i put my snakes outside for a bit of a change. get some light and fresh air. I prob wanted house mine in there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back