Exotic Gecko saves "friend"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are Tokay geckos and from the voices in the video, I would say they are wild. They are a South Asian species and they can get up to a foot long. I have always wanted some. They are really common over here in the states. They are a super aggressive gecko.... not a gecko for those people that like to hold their cute little geckos lol. I know they are an introduced species in Florida and you can find them every where down there.

im sorry i know i might get flamed for this but im pretty disgusted by those people shooting the video

im sorry i know i might get flamed for this but im pretty disgusted by those people shooting the video
bit of a silly comment imo why are you disgusted? the snake was getting a feed?

Giant gecko - YouTube Then this must be a really good sized Gecko? lol... I can almost ride this one :p
those new call geckos are amazing i got the pleasure of working at the reptile park all last week for work experience and i had a hold of some of these guys, i might make a thread and put some photos up.

It appears to me to be a natural occurrence, no different to other such situations regarding predator an prey roll reversal such as the Kruger nation park YouTube video in 2007 that went viral.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=AU#/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

This is a classic example. Should the film crew be expected to step in? Should we be disgusted in them
Also.?

Cheers Barf

What if the Tokay was actually hunting the snake and just bit off more then it could chew? Tokay's are vicious geckos lol with big bites and a big appetite. They will eat pretty much anything they can over power and consume.

i know its "natural" but its not something i could ever just watch happen.
"Should the film crew be expected to step in?"-you know sometimes i think they should
im sorry i know some people think that things should just be let be and that "survival of the fittest" etc, but i personally think our world's a bit past "letting things be".
Im not trying to start an argument and i know that people think this is a "silly" comment and i respect that other people's opinions differ to mine but yeh i just couldnt watch that happen

If film crews were to step in each time this situation occurs then wouldn't that make them (to quote another thread) "wildlife Botherer's" rather than documentarists. Wouldn't it upset the balance of nature, and isn't this the mentality which has caused many species to become extinct or endangered due to mankind 'interfering'.

IMO let nature take it's course in such situations, wildlife predates humans by millions of years. Why change a winning combination.

Cheers

I would rather Let an animal get killed and eaten than watch another starve and waste away slowly and painfully... Atleast when an animal is eaten it usually dies fairly Quickly...

"Wouldn't it upset the balance of nature, and isn't this the mentality which has caused many species to become extinct or endangered due to mankind 'interfering'."

i think you are perhaps getting a little carried away. A few film crews steppiing in here and there (i did say in my previous post sometimes) would not kill off a species. I once watched a documentary in which a film crew filmed a baby elephant being taken down a river by the current while its mother did everything she could to save it and later died because she was separated from her heard. The film crew excused its lack of action by it being "natural". Im sorry but this sought of attitude isnt what kills off species. Introduced species, disregard for nature, poaching, destruction of habitats and human greed is what has done that. You can argue that wildlife predates human by millions of years (still called a theory last time i heard) however that means nothing now that most of what existed then is extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back