Explorarium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

Reaction score
This is my newest plaything. It is an Extoterra Explorarium. It was advertised as 90cm x 60cm but when I hung it up, it stretched to 110cm x 60cm.

It's fully meshed and collapses down to about 1cm thick and stores away in a handy zip bag. The vines and twisted rope in the centre were my own addition but it does come with a chain and hook attached inside so it's easy to hang a branch or something for them to climb up.

All my pythons and beardies have had a dose of sun in it today and so far, they've loved it. Of course, one beardie had to go and do one of those huge green vegetable based poos in it - very special.

It cost $78 which I think was reasonable.

hangingsmall0th.jpg

I've got a couple of Herpariums, a large and a small, and use them for my lizards as well. But they don't collapse up as easy as that one looks to. And $78 is very reasonable - my 100cm x 54cm x 54cm cost $100.

And you'll find that your lizards really like to crap in them.

:p

Hix

smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge

My lizards really like to crap in everything, especially their food.

The explorarium was easy to clean. It's got a clear plastic outer lining on the bottom (so you can put substrate in it if you want too and it won't fall through the mesh). I just peeled it off and gave it hose. Now it's swinging in the breeze to dry.

Mine is the large one and I got it at the Pet Shop at Alexandria. It was on sale and usually about $100.
Apparently they come in:

30 x 45cm
45 x 60cm
60 x 90cm.

Excellent,might be a new addition.

I've got a couple of Herpariums, a large and a small, and use them for my lizards as well. But they don't collapse up as easy as that one looks to. And $78 is very reasonable - my 100cm x 54cm x 54cm cost $100.

I also have a few of these and just gave my nephew a new one for his new bluey....first day outside one of the mongrel little ****tzus chewed through the plastic and mesh and mangled and killed the bluey :evil: Nearly one toasted sshitusbagus lapdog i tell ya but i won't be trusting those herpariums on the ground with any bloody dog or cat especially if a little furbag can do that damage and to explain the heartbreak of my nephew even after explaining it wasn't his fault or the dogs was a crying shame!!!

Suspended wire cages that's it...!

Has anyone else evr had this happen?I had always thought these were dog and cat proof to a degree and this incident took place within 2 minutes of the herparium and bluey being put outside for UV only and was otherwise inside in a fish tank?Not a happy chappy :twisted: Need i say anything about cats feral or not...seen way too much damage :evil:

That's horrible Browns.

I have a cat so I like that this keeps everything up off the ground and away from too much danger.

While cruising ebay I found these listed. These are a great price but I don't need another one so I thought I share the info.

All of my pythons just love being outisde in this. Now that it's hot, I even leave them out at night and they come back inside most reluctantly.

The large is is $60 and the medium one is $47

I can't work out how to post images of the screen shots, but here are the links if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FLEXARIUM-EX...7720896126QQcategoryZ1285QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FLEXARIUM-EX...7720896129QQcategoryZ1285QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back