Humidity issue - to high ?????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrocket

Reaction score
greetings all

i have just built myself a Frog Vavarium & have had it running for a little over a week for everything the settle in before i put my frogs into it

its is 90cm Long X 45cm Deep & 60cm High & it's divided into a land section that has a false floor & a section that holds approxamitly 30 litres of water

the water section has a running waterfall through a fake rock wall & some rather large rocks in it ect

on the land section if has a false bottom with a pump so i can clean it out without haveing to dismantle the enclosure, the false bottom was created with egg crate grill ect

the egg crate is covered buy 2 layers of shade cloth then Peat Moss with Sphagnum moss on top of that

i plan to put River pebels on top of the Sphagnum moss as i dint want the frogs to get covered in the moss as i belive it will stick to them

i have some Driftwood ect in there along with some vines ect & some live plants & moss & will add a few more plants once i can sort out what i belive to be to high Humidity

i also have 4 small Bristle Nose catfish living in the water section to help keep the water clean along with the Pump / Filter & a Water Heater

i hope that covers what i have, now to the issue that i belive i have

my water Temperture is 24 Degrees
Vavarium Temperture is 19.8 Degrees
Humidity is at 92%

the above temps ect are prior to me turning the lights on, i guess the air temp will raise once the lights are on for some time

is the humidity to high for Green Tree Frogs ???

i had the light hood sitting to the rear of the tank & it accumulated a rather large amount of moisture in it along with a water build up in the mesh under it

i want to get this right before i put my frogs in there as i dont want to stress them or have to make any major changes when there are in there

all help appreciated
regards
rod

WOW! Sounds like a fantastic tank i'd love to see some photos! The humidity is supposed to be now lower than 65% so i'm sure that should be alright...i'm not an expert but yes it should be fine! :)

thanks for the reply

i was thinking that 92% was a little high, i have just moved the sensor & am testing with another device to see what difference it makes

regards
rod

hey mate it sounds like u have a pretty simiilar setup to my frog tank my water temp is roughly 28deg air temp sits around 24-26deg atm being colder months in qld and i have a 75watt purple heat light at one end, and during the day my humidity sits over 80% but thru the night drops to prob just under 70% with the air temp around 18-20degrees i also have a fogger but now it has starting gettin colder i only turn that on for a few hrs during the day because its makin to much moisture in the tank which is causing it to be colder but yeh we have pretty similar setups i have mine in a 3ft tank half land half water with a piece of perspex bout 90mm high siliconed thru the middle to stop the soil polluting the water i also run the usual filter and aquarium heater, i havent always run the heat ligh but after i got one i found it helped with the humidity in my tank and the frogs love basking underneat it i hope this sorta helps u and would love to see some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back