eye regenerating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PicklePants

Reaction score
when i got my spotted python (Tori), his left eye was completely black. i spoke to a trusted source of information locally, and was told that it was a detached cornea from a shedding related incident, and that it would never heal.

he has since shed twice, and after his last shed the eye is getting some colour back and you can see a pupil. it is rather a noticable difference. i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what is/might be happening and if the eye will regain some normalcy.

here is a photo taken last night. unfortunately i don't have any older photos that are close enough to see the eye for comparison.
DSCF0602.jpg

Poor little fella, can't have any real input, just wish for the best! Would be real interesting if it could regen.

As someone who saw Tori's eye when you first got him and seen him now it does look like its regenerating. As you said it was completely black and now you can see a pupil. I would never had thought it possible but its looking like it is. As you've said to me will be interesting to see what its like after the next shed.

lucas bumped into steve today and mentioned it. he suggested that maybe it was a retained layer of skin. if that was the case though, you would think that the colour would have come back in one hit, not gradually like it is.

time will tell i suppose. the good thing is that tori doesn't seem to have had any problems with the eye since he came to live with us

The eye can't regenerate if it's injured, but if there is retained shed on top, it may come off so he recovers. I hope he goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back