F10 question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHappy

Reaction score
Two questions;
1. what ratio do you mix your F10? I've always mixed it at 1:250
2. After it has dried do you wipe the enclosure down? I just let it dry and then put everything back (apart from the water bowl - I rinse this clean)

i would be interested to know this as well. especially the wipe down/rinse afterwards.

cheers.

I use 1:125. No point in holding back. You let it dry, no wiping down or rinsing required.

F10 is a great product, I use the 1:250 ratio to wipe everything down or soak in and then good to go. I dont bother in drying it out / airing it or rinsing it.

I've even used it directly on animals to treat various cuts or whatever. I even helped treat RI by using F10. Im completely sold on how useful and superior this product is to any other.

what's F10?

dude are you serious? i dont mean to be rude but you own 2 snakes but dont know what f10 is? google it and you'll find out how much you need it. it's only the best thing since sliced bread for most people in here

It sure will. Everyone knows about the cleaning part this product is used for. But like I said it can be used in treating as well.

Heres an interesting link I found when researching this product.
www.f10biocare.co.uk/F10factsissue7.pdf

dude are you serious? i dont mean to be rude but you own 2 snakes but dont know what f10 is? google it and you'll find out how much you need it. it's only the best thing since sliced bread for most people in here

If you are using another product, or clean your enclosures some other way, why would you know what F10 was? To be honest I reckon I have only ever seen it on herptrader, otherwise I would have no friggin' idea what it was either. In any case, never used it, and never had a reason to. The "Repticlean" product that herptrader sells seems to work fine for me (although I don't think it is available any more). F10 seems too expensive. And I'm sure a lot of people get by just fine using bleach and water. The hand gel seems especially expensive compared to regular alcohol hand cleaner. Unless you had a large collection worth tens of thousands of dollars or more, I don't think it is worth the dollars personally. But I'm no expert.;)

$80 for a litre. At full strength thats 125 litres. I think thats about $0.64 a litre. Whats repticlean cost?

we use it, 1:250 regularly. also as a hand cleaner, dont bother wiping down. we tend to do the cleaning/scrubbing with hot water and bleach, then wipe that down, then spray with F10. gives us such peace of mind we'd never go back! and Helikaon, where do you get your Trigene? Or is that just from the practice?

we use it, 1:250 regularly. also as a hand cleaner, dont bother wiping down. we tend to do the cleaning/scrubbing with hot water and bleach, then wipe that down, then spray with F10. gives us such peace of mind we'd never go back! and Helikaon, where do you get your Trigene? Or is that just from the practice?

Hey yeha i order it through work, but any buisness in the industry should be able to order it in for you, comes in like 500ml, 1L, 5L, 25L. looking at supplier cost its about half the price

F10 has one downside; it's active for 2 years and after that you can poor it down the sink. A great product for those who use lots of it but realistically, 125 litres would be hard to use up in 2 years. Good if you can share with someone.

$93 a litre from my source.
The MSDS also states that inhalation while low risk should be avoided..

much cheaper for me then. still the supplier sells trigene at half what they sell f10. and to inhalation yeah it can be an irritent and i know because i use parvo strength in small area alot, but you wouldnt go through a snake in a cage that you jsut misted with the stuff, just like i wouldnt with f10 i have used both and both are great. i now use trigene because its what i use at work and its cheaper because i do go through alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back