Fair price for dwarf beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy86

Reaction score
Hi all, just about to ring a seller and was wondering if anyone had an idea on whats a fair price for hatchling dwarf beardies?

Thanks!!

Do you mean Pogona henrylawsoni or Pogona minor?

ok thanks, they are advertised here for $85, but it is cairns everything is more expensive up here! how are yours as pets compared to centrals work and food wise? i am just looking through my book collection to see if i can find any info on when your new hatchlings should be fed, let you know how i go!

ok thanks but the beardies or not much maintance my two live with four adult centrals and have done now for 12 months and no probs at all i got henrylawsoni

not sure on the type, it didn't state it in the ad, so i will ask that when i ring, is there much of a difference in price for the 2?

well i paid $50.00 each for the centrals and $70.00 each for the pygmys

I'm really not too sure about the price comparison but just be sure you know what you are buying first because commom names can cause some confusion. Pygmys are usually henrylawsoni & dwarfs are usually minor but not everyone uses the same common names so it's worth checking out.

ok thanks, thats a geat help, i was wondering if they could be kept with centrals, i have 2 two year old centrals in a large outdoor pit. obviously these little guys wouldn't be moving in there for a while i think id loose them in there! but i was wondering about the future and housing them together so thats great, thanks a lot! in regards to your hatchlings all i can find is that they should be offered fresh finely chopped leafy greens misted with water, sure you knew that anyway, nothing mentions when to first offer it though, sorry i couldn't be of more help! i haven't had a clutch of my own yet! best of luck! let me know how the little guys go

yep thanks heaps will keep in formed he is bouncing everywhere now

yeah i will def establish which it is before i buy, is one more preferable over the other? i have been able to find some info on the henry lawson but very little on the minor

hey thats fantastic! i bet he is so cute! dont forget to posts pics at some time!

I guess it's comes down to what you like better. I keep pygmys(henrylawsoni) & centrals but havn't kept any dwarfs(minor) so I can't comment on them. I have noticed the pygmys are a little more skittish than the centrals but thats improving the more I handle them. Centrals also need more room but husbandry is basically the same.I also keep my guys in individual tanks inside so i'm not sure how they would go in a pit together. I guess the biggest problem with that would be that they could possibly breed with each other which wouldn't be a good thing. Hope fully some one with a bit more experience on keeping reptiles in pits might be able to offer more info there.Good luck & keep us posted on what you decide. Oh yeah I paid $200 for 3 pygmys so the price seems about right if they are pygmys.

They won't be pogona minors for that sort of money, unless the seller is desperate. If they are, I'll take 10. :)

I've sold my last lot but will have some Pygmys in a few weeks I hope.

hey guys, thanks for all the help, i just rang the lady and they are minors, so i am taking it that this is a good price! i am heading out there to have a look this arvo or tomorrow, she said she had about 8 left in this clutch and another 12 ready to hatch in the comming week.

Make sure they really are pogona minor minor before buying them. There arent very many people breeding them, so I would be sceptical at that price. In NSW p. minor monior require a class 2 license so you should probably check what are the requirements in QLD.

appart from taking her at her word how else is it possible to tell the difference? They seem to show all the traits of minor, but i am only new at this and am still trying to find info on what to look for in them. They brought theirs over from Western Australia and paid a lot more then what they are selling them for, and said they were not planing on breading, it just happened so are more interested in sending them to good homes then making money. Any help would be much appreciated, I havent paid for any yet as most wont be ready for a few weeks. Thanks again!

Also how would i go about finding out if a different licence is required, i have looked on the website and it is not listed, does that mean it doesnt need any different licence?

If they came from WA then they are probably legit.

Dunno about licensing in QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back