Fake Grass?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i put artifiicial grass in as a substrate for my snakes...
as i was using newspaper earlier....

not sure what the down sides to this are...

what i really want is a substrate that looks good, is easy to clean and is of no harm to the animals...
ive tried breeders choice and other biodegradable pellets...
but cant say im a big fan...

Artificial Grass

I used to use fake grass in all my enclosures, it does look good, but I would get very annoyed when I had to hose off the sheets, wait for it to dry, put it back in, then the snake messes it all up straight away and I had to do it all again.

I stopped using it, because I had a big problem with some of the snakes striking and getting the fake grass, then they would get stuck to it untill I got them off (which was very difficult), I have had 2 snakes brake there teeth trying to get unstuck from it. I came home one day to find a coastal freaking out, flipping all over the enclosure, because she couldn't get her teeth unhooked from the grass.

I used to love the stuff, but now I despise it.

when you see that it need clean and brush you shoud do that. artificial grass orange county is a perfect choice in comparison with the real grass. The low maintenance requirement of the fake lawn orange county is the important reason. The artificial turfs are wonderful product to extreme weather circumstances. Artificial grasses are also popular becoming utilized in yards, football stadium, cricket fields and so on. The investment fee will not bother you, because it cuts down a good deal of the costs within the lengthy run. With synthetic grass, you may successfully save money on water bill as well as save a great deal of your leisure time. In contrast to the normal lawns, which needs hours of watering, trimming and so forth, maintenance of the artificial turfs entails some fundamental actions only.

I have thought about using this as an option.

Is there a "SPECIFIC" Reptile grass that must be used and ie "purchased from a reptile store"
for an inflated price no doubt.

Or can you use synthetic grass bought from somewhere like a pool shop or Clarke Rubber.

I have heard of the reptigrass but never seen it so I guess what im really asking is there any difference??

Such as non toxic etc??

**** The Clark rubber synthetic grass is excellent ( for my money anyways ) $29.99 for 1.8m x1.0 m ... and is super easy to clean and as others have said " looks waaaay better than newspaper ) and I've never had any problems with it nor have my snakes .

I got my fake grass at Bunnings I also got enoug spare to make a copy so while one is drying the other can be used straight away

Going to get the Fake grass for my Beardies does it come in any other colours

When my Beardies get nice and big I am thinking of doing fake grass in the cool end eg: near the food, water bowls and then sand in hot end good idea or epic fail

Last edited:
+1 from bunnings. 2m wide, drain holes, you can get the wide blade green ($49 per metre) fake grass, or some really life like green/brown with finer blades of fake grass ($59 per metre)

I do like the others, have 2 pieces for each enclosure, so just rip one out, wipe down floor of enclosure, then new piece in. Takes a few minutes per enclosure. Hose them on the line and air dry for a few days. Awsome.... easy ;)

OP, I would just give it a hose down on the line.... brush to get rid of loose strands.... air dry and put it in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back