Feeding Again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Reaction score
I have a blonde Mac that will not eat thawed fuzzies but will not think twice about live fuzzies. I have tried a fresh killed fuzzie then a thawed fuzzie but she rejects it. Have tried braining the fuzzies prior to offering them to her but will only take the freshly killed. Temp is the same, same litter of mice, same breed, ie pet shop mice. VERY frustrating.

Cheers

Just keep trying with thawed fuzzies for a while. Try annoying the maccie a little, tap it on the head with the fuzzie. When my coastal doesn't show much interest I stir her up a bit with the fuzzie. After a while she will eat it.

I have the same prob with a childreni.. Damn thing!

Forgot to mention that I have attempted to bash the crap out of her with the thawed fuzzie to get her to eat she just high tails it into her hide box.

Cheers

Braining? you don't want to know..but since u asked it is exposing some brains ( i use a fine drill bit) of the mouse so the reptile can get a taste. Yum

Drill bit? What's wrong with ya finger and thumb? Just do it in a bag so when it pops it is contained :)

I have attempted to bash the crap out of her with the thawed fuzzie to get her to eat she just high tails it into her hide box.

Thats what my Stimmie does, I just keep bouncing the mouse on her in the hide till she gets the shi, err, poos and takes it.

Re: RE: Feeding Again

Frank said:
Forgot to mention that I have attempted to bash the crap out of her with the thawed fuzzie to get her to eat she just high tails it into her hide box.

Cheers

BINGO! What the hell do you expect Frank! :roll:

RE: Re: RE: Feeding Again

Well not actually bash the crap out of her but annoy her her a bit. Touch her first coil quite a few times in an attempt to get her to eat it. I had trouble with her a few months ago but since then she has been great shedding and eating really good. Is it just a female thing of does it happen with bothe sexes.

Cheers

RE: Re: RE: Feeding Again

Well im no eggspurt like Afro, but I reckon your more likely to put it off feeding by doing that, but thats just my humble opinion. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back