Feeding my Snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack92

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I've only fed Kaa twice now both times were fuzzy mice. My problem is do majority of Snakes like to eat in the dark, and in private? Because when I put the mouse in there, he shows no sign of wanting to eat it, but when I leave the room and have the light off he devours it straight away.
He is very smart though, if I come in and he is moving around he will freeze instantly and try and act normal haha.
This is Kaa, Jungle/Diamond Python :D
phone pics 237.jpg

HHey are you slightly warming the mouse, or just defrosting it to room temp?

I place the mouse in a bag and defrost in warm water, then I place it on his heat rock. So it gets warm for him, I think he is just shy lol

Yes sometimes they wait until you walk away then they start eating. Its like, I can't do it while you're watching!

Haha yeah tell me about it, then I come in and Im like caught ya! haha.

Hold it near him with a pair of feeding tongs....You will find by feeding off tongs and giving it a bit of a 'wiggle' it livens their natural instinct to 'grab and wrap' it.

Some people find that a snake will sometimes only take food if left out for them.....but the greater majority will smash it if warmed and moved/wriggled slightly in front of them with a pair of feeding tongs.

It might be worth a try.

Yeah I have no problem when I leave the room with the light off, he smashes it straight away lol. I think its best if I just let him eat in private haha.

If that's what's working stick with that. As long as he's eating it shouldn't matter how he takes it, unless he starts wanting it cut into little triangles.

My male will grab and constrict but he won't try to eat it unless I leave him alone.

Yeah I bought it thinking he would like it, but he hasn't really gone on it at all now I find it a waste of money :( Should've gone with a mat or something.

If U buy a heat mat remember it can't be put directly into the enclosure, your snake might burn himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back