Feeding pinky mice to adult green tree frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellis01

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all!! Wanting some opinions on feeding pinkys to green tree frogs as I have found it very benifical compared to crickets/worms etc... Thoughts on how often to feed pinky mice to adult green tree frog and other opinions will be greatly appreciated!!
Look forward to all your input
Lester

sorry i cant help, i know nothing about frogs.
but this is relevant to my interests

They are ok occasionally but I wouldn't feed anymore than 1 per month as they are high in fat, and your frogs will end up with fatty deposits which can be harmful to their health.

r3ptilian is right but they can sometimes they carry worms that frogs can ingest and it can kill them, thay can also block there gut and kill them, i used to feed them to my greens and mags but they eventually don't last them more than a week of food source,
so i just feed mine crickets and roaches, also dont feed your frogs mealworms same things can happen with them

good luck
Jake

My better half has been feeding pinky mice at the rate of 1every 3 weeks or so for years and has never had a problem!
The key factor here as with a lot of things is moderation!

i was told 1 every week or 2 weeks and i have been doing this for a while now and had no issues and my frogs arnt fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back