Feeding Problems.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imp480

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
When my Western bearded dragon wasn't eating, she was shedding, which i figured was the reason.Now she is eating a lot less (about 1cricket/woodie a day, and ever since she first started shedding, she has been really jumpy and wouldn't let me hold her (i was under the bed trying to get her out just the other day)

As for the eating thing i have only SEEN her eat 1 a day but i did put in a cricket yesterday and left it (to see what happens), and haven't seen the cricket ever since i turned my back on it, whenever i try to feed her she will just look once at the cricket/woodie and then start looking at me again.

Before she started shedding she was great, she ate well and tolerated handling.

Please post you're opinion of what is happening and tell me what i should do:D.
She finished shedding 3 days ago.

Try teasing her. Like tickling under the throat. It tackes me about 10 minutes for my Jacky to eat then she is a pig. Jumps out of the tank (from the sliding doors) onto my lap and just grappes anyone outta the cricket tub.

warm side 29-30
cool side 24-25
basking, definitely over 40 but not sure what exact temp.

does she have a UVB light?

how long have u had her?

what substrate is she on?
when was the last time she pooed?

if shes suddenly grumpy she might be a bit constipated, which would also affect her appetie.

i have had her for 3 months.
She has uvb.
Sand.
i don't keep track of poos but there are some new ones.

yay :) she has just eaten 5 crickets and a silkworm :D
but is still very jumpy while handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back