Few Pede pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ew steve these are my worst shots, took these ages ago :p .... every forum has room for inverts :D .. good luck on your trip !

nah never been bitten

whoa some nice photos there,they some crazy critters there,do centipedes/millipedes bite?
thanks for sharing and have a merry xmas

Yeah pedes bite, meant to be bloody painful ...
millipedes just spray stinky crap on you !

Good to here you have never been bitten ,I haven't either but I don't keep them I catch the wild ones around my house and move them about 1km away so my mum doesn't try to kill them. I really want one of those giant millipedes that reach around 25cm. A pet store near port fairy had them but they got sold within the hour and by the time I got there all they had left ,invertebrate wise, was Sydney funnel web spiders ,mind you I got there nearly 2 days after they went on sale. Great pics of the pedes they look spectacular ,I think I will get into the millipedes just because the others do bite and from what I have heard they really heart.

Well these are.. um.. terrifying :) But the photos are lovely and I have to admit, the colours of these are really amazing. I don't know anything about these and I sure as heck wouldn't want one for a pet - BUT the photos are wonderful and I would definitely love to see more of them in photographs - very surprised at how beautiful are different the colours are. Great work.

What kind of sizes do they reach in captivity?

They all vary, the biggest ones are ethmostigmus rubripes which can attain sizes of 25cm +
Scolopendra morsitans can get around 20cm sometimes too, but they are very variable, some forms only get to 4cm !

Poor things get fed every 6 months and are in 1l plastic tubs.. LOL nick ;)

In was bitten by one on the arm while leaning on a Cooper log fence 11 yrs ago when I was pregnant with my daughter talk about nasty sting and headache to match the creepy little suckers, I Remember the pain like it was yesterday. Great photos though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back