fighting fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes keeping animals is not easy. It is better to do what's best for them rather than what's easiest for us. ;)

Bettas need a MINIMUM of a 5 gallon tank (that will be a tank measuring 18x10x10 inches), heater, filter, and plants/ornaments. Fact. Anything less than that in my book constittues as neglect. Fish don't excrete waste only once every day. They don't breathe once a day. Their food doesn't break down into ammonia only once a day. They're doing all of these constantly. Without a filter, ammonia is free to build up between water changes. Fact. ANY detectable amount of ammonia is potentially dangerous to fish. Fact.

Just because your bettas aren't used to having a filter, doesn't give you an excuse to keep them without. Turn the filter flow towards the back panel of the tank to diffuse the flow.

Puka has provided you with links to DECENT advice from real, genuine fishkeepers. Take note or your fish will suffer long term.

There is not a fish out there that should be kept without a filter. To do so is negligent.

AS i said i change the water every few days (3 means few) my fish are very good and healthy and if it was so cruel and unlivable how do the petshops get away with it ??? surely by now one of you would have reported the fish abuse to the local rspca mmmmmmm thanks K i will try and do what you said about breeding ..

Thank you for your concern TetraLinz but I can assure you my Betta fish are healthy. Even the one without filter. Funny thing about facts is they keep changing according to who thinks they are right. The nutrition world is full of false facts, old facts, new facts and just plain B/S facts so please forgive me if I make up my own mind in regards of what happens within my control. I watch my fish regularly, the Betta without the filter actually lives on my desk with the computer so you see, I would know if it was ill or suffering. Now THAT is a Fact. :D
And thank you pukka. I have bookmarked those links you gave. One thing though, don't take everything you read as gospel. Find out for yourself and keep an open mind. ;)

well i just read the care sheet and it doesnt say bettas need filtration .......can be an option not a fact....my fish must be very happy with his home set up because he has made bubble nests and according to this info its a sign of a happy fish ........geez who would have thought a dimwit like me can actually have a happy healthy fish because i dont have it in a big tank with a filter set up a heater and ornaments he does have a fake plant though and colourful stones the female on the other hand has real plants and colour stones .....the heat range that it has to be kept at is the basic temp of the inside of my house anyway I LIVE IN QLD NOT THE UK!!!.............so as for SATIN and his wife GEMMA they are gonna get it on put a little Barry white on the cd player turn the lights down low and you just never knowwwwwww.......:lol:

if you dont have a flter then you should test the water with right water testers before you do water changes if there is even a slight ammonia or nitrite then its is recommended you get a filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back