filthy conditions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDaniel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wandandian, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
I couple of weeks ago i noticed an add on pet link advertising rodents and cages also. I sent the person an email as he is from the same town as me and the prices seemed rather cheap. Today at 15:30 my fiance and I drove to the person's property to check out his rodent cages and to pick up some rodents. As we were driving onto his property we noticed how there was rubbish everywhere all over the ground. Corroded metals all over. As we came to a stop i noticed a whole heap of pigeons crammed into an aviary. Goats, ducks, Geese roaming throughout the junkyard so to speak.
I walked into the room where he had the rodents. As he opened the door the smell that emerged was outrageous and both my fiance and I felt as though we would be dry reaching before long.
His cages were that filthy that all the rodents where standing on at least 5cm's of their own feaces with no water or food. he told me that he did have a heap of pinkies but that the rats simply ate them. No wonder why they ate their young, they were hungry.
He told us that he was in Sydney most of the week and had very little time to take care of any of his animals.
He also told us that he had 100 pigs he was selling, but we didn't even look at them as their condition surely wouldn't have been any better than that of the rats.
Got home and called the RSPCA on him. The operator i spoke to told me that it has been listed as urgent and an officer will be paying him a visit within the next few days.

He is one of those people that does not treat anything with the love and care that it deserves but sees things as a cheap money making scheme. I am sure that he would have sold his own grandmother if he could have made a dollar or two.
What a sad event, to see the animals being kept in such horrible conditions. Some people should not be allowed to have animals.

Last edited:
Good on you for reporting him Rev, people like that don't deserve the privlege to keep animals.

thats so wrong,
poor animals, hope the RSPCA does something about it...
good on you for reporting it

Allowed.
There's the pet collectors, greedy money making people, and then the people who just don't give a s-crap.

Sounds very dirty, good to hear hes getting a visit from rspca

thats pretty bad, if ya want rats and cages become friends with a pet shop that doest sell rats or mice and just ask them if you get any mice or rats dumped at you door step ill take up off ya hands. lol thats what i do and i have gotten bout 5 band new cages and al accessories and a couple of rats and mice and stuff. sounds harsh but the pet shops dont want them half the time.

Oh, was that you?
You should have told me you were from APS

Yes sound like a very sad event,i would have done the same.
From the look of those rats you got i would not be going back in a rush lol.
Well done Dan ,people like that dont deserve the luxury of keeping animals.

Don't be silly mags - it can't be you, I don't dry reach when I come to your place - I actually vomit!

i laughed at mag's reply, then fell over laughing after yours :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Got halfway through reading that and was about to post "RSPCA" but read on and noticed you did that straight away. Good on ya. Scumbags like that make me sick.

Let's hope the RSPCA actually do go out and sort him out.. Maybe go back in a month and see if something has been done?

The guy is advertising again, somehow i do not think i will go back there.

I have just edited this post. Seems as though the RSPCA are too busy to do anything about it so i have sent the guy an email asking to count up his rats and mice. I told him that i would like to meet him in Town to collect all the mice and rats {had to be especially tell him} to have two containers of rats and mice individually. I figure that if nothing is getting done quickly enough i will buy the rodents and give them the treatment they deserve. Will sell them again but this time they will be in good condition. If anybody wants to go halves in the price of the rodents and collect half of the rodents send me a pm. Most of the female rats are pregnant.

Last edited:
Rev that is just supporting what he is doing, if he gets away with it, what stops him from buying more and starting all over again.

I did think of that but it may possibly make him realize that he has not got the time or energy to care for rodents. i am not going to buy these rodents for a profit, doing it to give them the care that they require. Besides he may even have lost his rodents before he gets the email as the RSPCA may pay him a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back