filthy conditions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiancee had always thought you were a spunk (her words) Rev from when you posted your pic ages ago, but after she read this she now reacons your gorgeous.....LOL.....thanks alot bro.

Mate don't buy them all off him! How is that a loss for him? Score! Someone bought all his rats even though he keeps them crappily. You're just upping the 'demand' part of 'supply and demand'

did you take tthe raites and save them or leave for the rspca

Dont buy them dan, they might make your snakes sick.
Just wait till for ours to start a good colony then will know there clean and healthy.

Just ring the RSPCA again, and keep following it up, if they know your not going away, they may act quicker. If you take them, the RSPCA wont be able to see them and penalise him, and stop him from doing it again. Please give the RSPCA a chance first...It needs to be stopped, for good.

I am not looking for the cheapest way to get a breeding colony happening. I have been calling the rspca almost everyday since. I will ba calling them today or tomorrow. Prevention is better than the cure sometimes. I know it may only entice this person as to get more rats but maybe he will realize that there is too much effort involved in caring for them so he wont bother getting anymore rats. he bought about 20 rat cages and though he would make money from selling them but i doubt if he has sold even one. My only concern is the welfare of the rats. But no reply from him as yet but he may even possibly have lost all the rodents and this way i could find out first hand what has happened to this situation.

Yeah, its sick seeing people leave their animals like that.

I remember about 12 months ago I saw pictures of someone's olive pythons. They were in their enclosure and the stupid owner had left live adult rats in there. They were running around and about, over the snakes and such. Ther enclosures were in the same sort of condition from the sounds of it Rev, faecal matter everywhere, obviously not cleaned or cared for.

These people shold have their animals taken away and slapped with a huge fine.....

Last edited:
Yeah, its sick seeing people leave their animals like that.

I remember about 12 months ago I saw pictures of someone's olive pythons. They were in their enclosure and the stupid owner had left live adult rats in there. They were running around and about, over the snakes and such. Ther enclosures were in the same sort of condition from the sounds of it Rev, faecal matter everywhere, obviously not cleaned or cared for.

These people shold have their animals taked away and slapped with a huge fine.....

It's terrible the neglect people give to their animals - it must be some sort of a power trip or pure laziness.

Maybe it just reflects on their own inadaquacies.

I think it has alot to do with just being lazy and not caring. Rev, I really wouldn't buy off him mate. Halfwits like that don't say "oh I guess I don't have enough time". They'd say "sweet, someone bought them!"

It's terrible the neglect people give to their animals - it must be some sort of a power trip or pure laziness.

Maybe it just reflects on their own inadaquacies.

But alot of these people are in denial of their own inadaquacies and they're also pronoid

Called the RSPCA this morning to see what they have done about this guy and the animals. They informed me that he is under investigation but would not tell me anymore. I certainly hope that they have been around to his place. I do hope that he no longer has any of the animals he kept

That makes me so angry ARGHHHHHHH! Why do humans think they can torment other animals and keep them in pain and fear?! What gives them the right??? I have pet mousies that I love so much, and I can't imaging people breeding them (even just for food) and not seeing their kind inquisitive sweet personalities :(

I was at a BBQ a while ago and hubby's cousin had a dog with a reallllly bad eye injury (open eyeball, stank, like something from a horror movie) and I called the RSPCA - they went 2 days later and took the animal to be put down, and fined him $1500! YAY!

Only thing is, I couldn't even tell hubby, because all his family would have been mad at me - not everyone cares for animals as much I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back