Finally caught him

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsubakai

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
on camera at least. Been trying for two and a half years now to get a photo of this little fella that's been living in the garage. Only ever see him late at night when I never have a camera on hand and have probably only seen him a dozen times in total. Its a pretty crappy photo from the iPhone but he's only still for about 30 seconds before he rockets off to hide.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 353
that sure beats those asian house geckos that seem to have taken over most of QLD's coastal towns.

Clearer pic

l cut and pasted this pic off another site, just so we can see how good-looking these little critters are....cheers solar 17 [Baden]...ps l hope jon boone doesn,t mind as its his great pic...
OeduraCastlenauiGB.jpg

A lot better than those disgusting Asian house geckoes that have over run this country. Or is it just Qld?

AHGs are found in about a dozen pockets in NSW, QLD, NT and WA mostly in coastal towns and nearly always around people.
It has been suggested that they might even need human presence to survive

nice spotting Tsubakai
AHG live near people because of the lights at night that attract insects.

It looks a similar to solar17's photo usually unless its close to a shed. There are dozens of AHG's around so I am always glad when I see this little fella. Hopefully I'll get a decent photo of him one day.

As its already been said it is a Qedura castelnaui 100%
The yellow head and black banding are unmistakable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back