FINALLY!!!!! Santa came early :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OuZo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
WOOHOO!!!!! After all this "is she gravid is she not" stuff and those 5 million photos a few months back we woke up to a little christmas pressie this morning! This is the best feeling lol! We left her on them until I can get home at lunch time and the Afromeister is gonna help me get them out. I know this is gonna be fun cos she was hissing at me already this morning lol. This arvo there'll be gory bite pics up I bet :lol:.

Ok so here's my typical 5000 photos of the same thing cos I'm excited and can't choose which are the best :lol:. From what I could see they looked pretty good...there is this one cone shaped egg which is a bit weird lol. I think maybe I could see a little teensy one which would be a slug but not 100% sure yet. Let me know if you think they look good or dodge or anything! I counted I think 7 but I'm pretty sure there are some hidden. I'm so proud of her...she's only about 5 1/2 foot so she's done well ;)

DSCN4633.sized.jpg

DSCN4625.sized.jpg

DSCN4630.sized.jpg

DSCN4636.sized.jpg

DSCN4638.sized.jpg

About time ouzo, they all look good except for one. The pointed off colour slimey looking one is infertile and wont hatch by the look of it, as slugs come in a couple of different forms.
Good on ya and congrats.

Thanks matey! :D :D :D Should we chuck it out already or wait and see how it goes? If it hatches will the snake have a pointy head? :lol: ;)

I know you use newspaper for a laying container and she chose that over sphagnum moss like you said yours do! She's had both there but she picked this one :). I don't have to worry about drying out do I? I'm going home at 1pm to separate them from her :shock:

Yommy, what are you doing posting on this site.....your supposed to be on holiday :shock:

I'm bored stupid at the mother-inlaws in QLD and have to get my daily fix of APS.
If only my female diamond would come through with the goods like OuZo.
Unfortuneatly being up in the NT I just can't cool them down enough,
i'll just have to wait until I get posted back in 07.
Have a good chrissy bakes, i'm not missing the heat :)

You might have to put me down for one OuZo. Let me know how things are going. All the best if I don't catch up with you and soulweaver.

If you can remove it safley from the clutch do so and set it up by its self, but I dare say by looking at it it wont hatch and those slimy ones can sometimes infect other eggs.
Sorry no pointy headed snake to look forward to.

hi ouzo,
in my opinion i would throw the pointy one away, it won't hatch as it's not fertile,
but others might say different,

apart from that, yahooo, i'm excited for you, i followed your posts here about "are they or aren't they"
i'm just glad the answer was "they are" lol,
this is my first year at breeding snakes also, we have got 60 eggs and the first are
due out around xmas, now the hard part really starts, the waiting and hoping that they
are good eggs and will hatch,

cheers,
steve........

Well done.

I presume your incubator is primed and ready to go.

The slug looks pretty typical. You will probably find it to be hard... more suited to a round of golf rather than housing a developing serpent.

Thanks guys! WOOHOO still lol :lol:. Well Phil was a gentleman and yoinked her off the eggs for me...11 eggies total! 4 are suspicious looking with 3 of those almost definitely slugs. But we'll let them cook for a bit and see what happens. The 4th suspicious looking one is the freaky pointy one which has the top half slug looking but the bottom half healthy looking and full of veins. So I'm definitely gonna see what happens with that one :D.

She was pretty good coming off them...didn't fight too much but hissed a bit (as is true to her nature :lol: ;)). She's a bit skinny but nowhere near as bad as I thought she'd be. And she wasn't freaking out looking for her eggs or anything...just slowly cruising around.

Now for pics...
DSCN4639.sized.jpg

DSCN4643.sized.jpg

Oh pointy one
DSCN4645.sized.jpg

Well done guys, do you guys breed sunshine????????????????????????????? double well done if you did :)

You definatly have 4 slugs, the ones attached to the eggs hopefully won't cause you any probs, if they do just drain and cut them away.

Well done again.

Steve and Naomi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back