finding a pygmy mulga monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zan777

Reaction score
Hi all,

ive been doing some research and want to get myself a pygmy mulga monitor. now I havent had much luck locating one. now my limit is around $250. is this reasonable?

does anyone know of breaders in the sydney area? or of anyone looking to sell theres.

thanks a bunch

You should be able to pick one up for about $250 this season. I'd recommend you get two or three, simply because locating adult females down the line if you discover you've got one male is very difficult. Getting three means you've got more chance of having at least one female. Having multiple animals means you get to watch them interacting with each other as well.

They are great animals. I highly recommend them.

-H

thanks for that. ive also been looking into the ridge tail monitors or "ackies". which one out of the two grows to be smaller? and what size enclosure would i be looking at?

does anyone know of breders or the like in sydney?

Wow, i thought you said you'd done some research.

search the forums... all the info you want is there.

-H

id done reaserch into the pigmys but not the ackies. i know the pygmies grow to around 50cm maybe bit more or less. but dont know bout the ackies

ok decided definetly on pygmy mulga's not ackies. anyone know of breaders expecting or people that want to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back