first bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people will likely say yes, but Ive never done it. She eats every meal in her vivarium, and if she ever associates my hand reaching in to hold her as feeding time then so be it.

Likewise Bk, i feed monty in his home, i just use tongs when its feed time. if theres no tongs he dosent strike. :D

Bkgone.
No offence mate but you keep taking each thread off topic.
You already have a topic on BHP titled "BHP diet" perhaps you could ask all your questions in that 1 thread rather then scatter them all round the forums.It would be alot less hassles in future for other members when seeking info on BHP's by using the search option...

bite

Howdy Bekka, good fun yes? I have an old pair of plastic tongs here made for mucking about in aquariums. They are perfect feeding tools, about two feet long so even big snakes can't get at you - or begin associating your hand with food!!!
They are kinda just a long plastic rod with pliers one end and a trigger thing on the other - got a bit technical there didn't I :lol:
Snake can't bust it's mouth up on the plastic either unlike metal ones. You should be able to find them at your local aquarium.
Bye, Steve.

it wasnt really off topic,bekka said she was feeding her snake,so i just wanted to know if people fed in or outside their vivs thats all.

Love those aquarium tongs, Fluval Multi Tool is what it's called if ya looking for one. Comes with a head for trimming underwater plants too, though thats not much use in a vivarium unless ya using real plants in a Taipan enclosure :)

I feed both water pythons in their cage at a certain time of the night. At that time they definitely look at anything warm and mammalian with a hungry look in their eye. If I feed them I don't use tongs etc, just hold the rat by the tail. During the day the animals pay no attention to my hand at all. I haven?t been bitten - yet.

Imo reptiles dont see/focus real well up close, monty has hit the tongs before today, no damage luckily. turtles also will bite my hands/fingers repeated and miss the food until its moving in the water. With that in mind i do beleive reptile sight is largely based on movement, i.e they see movingthings better is all. :? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back