Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_c

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
mine would be when i was 11 and riding my bike on a dirt track on a hot day and running over the rear end of an eastern brown which was possibly 4 or 5 foot long:shock:.

whats everyone elses first encounter?

mine was when i was 12 me and my mates when jumping of a bridge into a creek and when i was getting out i garbed a rbbs thinking it was a branch

mine was a red belly black a couple year's ago i was in a chicken pen :O.

Mine was on a golf course when I was about 12. Stopped my Dad from standing on an Eastern Brown... First experience with elapids in captivity was going (in Ipswich) to see Ram Chandra's Taipan Show...

probably ~4 - we always had red bellies trying to nest in our house :shock:
my little sister was playing with a baby red belly in the garden when she was ~3 and dad freaked out but she said it was her "friend" :shock: lol lucky it didnt bite her
seen a few tigers down at the creek over the years too (around 400m from the house)

we have a resident rbbs at the moment

I would have been about 12. Nearly stepped on a copperhead by a creek at Creswick, just outside of Ballarat. Jumped 4 ft in the air, then proceeded to run back to my mate's place like a little girl.

8 years later and I don't mind them too much :)
P1016240.jpg

Cheers,
Aaron.

almost picked up a RBBS snake, thinking my mate had put a fake snake by the dam to scare me. i then proceded to scream and run after the "fake" snake reared up.

i havent had any up close encounters :( i guess the closest ive been is behind glass at currumbin ws..

I would have been about 12. Nearly stepped on a copperhead by a creek at Creswick, just outside of Ballarat. Jumped 4 ft in the air, then proceeded to run back to my mate's place like a little girl.

8 years later and I don't mind them too much :)
P1016240.jpg

Cheers,
Aaron.
lol i was litterally shaking for about 20mins afterwards and riding as fast as i could LOL. now i dont really mind them at all

when i was 3 or 4 my family was playing tennis at a park at kenthurst,andthere was a large BANDY BANDY curled up sitting on the ground next to the tennis courtwhich is wierd cause they are usually subterranian and kids where trying to run over it
on there pushbikes . told dad and he picked it up with BBQ tongs and took it down into the bush

which is funny but dad wasnt sure if it would bite LOL
bandy bandys have venom but there mouth is so small and they dont seem to bite

I'm not sure if the european Adder is an Elapid but my first encounter with a venomous snake
was at age 11 growing up in South East England and coming across an Adder while looking
for Grass Snakes.
As England only has 3 snakes & only one venomous , it was pretty easy to know what's what.

When I was about 9 or 10 we were looking for frogs in the bush block behind home and I lifted up a piece of corrugated iron and there was a Dugite with a clutch of eggs underneath it.

my first was while me and a mate were walking home half sticking out of the grass was a tiger snake, my not so bright friend decided he was going to kick it before he reached the snake turned and went back into the long grass

helping cut wood with my grandad when i was about 10, picked up a block of wood and there was a fairly big tiger lookin up at us, i had to go inside while he killed it (being country folk and all).

theres lots of dead snake stories for peoples first encounter,
my first tiger i saw in tasmania a dude shot it with 410 shotgun
and my first brown sighting had just been shot on a freinds property by there dad
there so many people playa hatin on snakes

picked up a baby eastern brown in our backyard when i was 9 thinkin it was a white lip snake should have seen the look on dads face. priceless
P.S. we let it go

not my first but found this tiger in a fence three days ago i think got it out and was fine

i already posted this in another thread but yeah

Attachments

• snake!! 006.jpg
    snake!! 006.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 31
  • snake!! 007.jpg
    snake!! 007.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 36
people need to be educated that if they leave the snake alone it will leave you alone (most lickly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back